Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Facebook wars

(Chester County)

Default Re: Facebook wars

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    So you only associate with people whose opinions and beliefs are exactly in line with yours? Wouldn't that make some of you redundant?
    I have cut people out of my life at this point that espouse the big government, nanny state anti gun anti freedom party line because at this stage of my life I don't want or need those kind of people annoying me when I should be enjoying my life instead. It's too much to ask that I should have to put up with that line of thinking on my time.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I have cut people out of my life at this point that espouse the big government, nanny state anti gun anti freedom party line because at this stage of my life I don't want or need those kind of people annoying me when I should be enjoying my life instead. It's too much to ask that I should have to put up with that line of thinking on my time.
    That's fine. I will continue to proselytize any and all who will listen.

ETA : It may be workimg on my wife's cousin. After the attack on the Pulse she took a day off to drive to Tooney's office to discuss gun control measures. However, after the truck thing in Nice she actually stated that she mkght be coming around to my side and that she thinks that we may need to start following Isreal. I'll keep the pressure on until she sees the light.
    Last edited by Sandcut; August 4th, 2016 at 07:24 PM.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Chester County)

That's fine. I will continue to proselytize any and all who will listen.

ETA : It may be workimg on my wife's cousin. After the attack on the Pulse she took a day off to drive to Tooney's office to discuss gun control measures. However, after the truck thing in Nice she actually stated that she mkght be coming around to my side and that she thinks that we may need to start following Isreal. I'll keep the pressure on until she sees the light.
    Don't get me wrong, you're doing the right thing. I have been fighting the good fight since the late 70's but now it's time for me to choose the battles and arguments so I don't wear myself out. I'm not old or frail just exasperated that after all these years of fighting for our rights we haven't done much better at advancing our position.

We still have some gun owners that fail to show up at voting time and we still have those among us that will vote for their own benefits from the public trough rather than advance freedom.

I don't mean to say I won't vociferously make the points that need to made toward those that oppose us. I just choose not have those kind of people around me as close friends.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
    I changed my viewpoint about guns because of a facebook post...

Said no one ever.
    Actually many have. Some will admit it and others won't. I can tell you that it was a Facebook activist group that brought to my attention the campus carry issue and made the practice of every day carry applicable to me. Before that I had pretty much assumed that crime could largely be avoided by choice of geography and demographics. Knowing that wasn't true anymore, that I could actually carry a sidearm daily (nobody ever talked about it to me before), and that there were state governments and an entire political and cultural movement actively against my simple right to survive (and enjoy all kinds of fun and family legacy) was a complete life change to me.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    Actually many have. Some will admit it and others won't. I can tell you that it was a Facebook activist group that brought to my attention the campus carry issue and made the practice of every day carry applicable to me. Before that I had pretty much assumed that crime could largely be avoided by choice of geography and demographics. Knowing that wasn't true anymore, that I could actually carry a sidearm daily (nobody ever talked about it to me before), and that there were state governments and an entire political and cultural movement actively against my simple right to survive (and enjoy all kinds of fun and family legacy) was a complete life change to me.
    Good point, Yellowfin. As Jennifer above said, it's all about picking your battles. Some people are lost causes, but not all. And often it's not the people you're directly arguing with who are the ones you should be worried about changing. It's the silent crowd that's watching/reading/listening to your exchange.

(Wayne County)

Two good posts Yellowfin and Lexington.

(Wayne County)

It's been a while since I stirred shit on FB.

I just came from the Game Commission's shooting range. Out of the eight people there I counted no less than eight AR-15s and four AK-47-style rifles (among other firearms) being used by four Caucasions, three Hispanics and one African American. Everyone there was well behaved, cordial, collegial and safe. And not one firearm was used for anything other than punching holes in paper.

Perhaps the media's demographic portrayal of gunowners is incorrect.

(Lancaster County)

Is it possible to shoot an AR sideways?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Is it possible to shoot an AR sideways?
    Are you speaking about gripping the AR in a "gangster" manner or are you referring to enfilading fire?

Thanks. That's what 20+ years as a public servant teaches you to do. There's lots of times that I want to call people an ignorant asshole and shake them, but that wouldn't be in the public interest, now would it?
    No but it really makes you feel better, that is if they are not twice your size.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast