Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 78

Thread: Facebook wars

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Mount Carmel, Pennsylvania
    (Northumberland County)
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,443
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Facebook wars

    i been spewing alot of Trump ads and Anti-Hillary on facebook, i refuse to allow Hillary to win the election and flush our 2A rights down the toilet!

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ercildoun, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    3,890
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: Facebook wars

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    OK, I'm about fed up with all the anti-gun BS on social media, especially Facebook, lately. And since perception is reality, I've decided to not only respond to correct these BS posts, which are full of deliberately inaccurate information, but to go on the offensive I will not be apologetic for wanting to take responsibility for protecting my family. As such, I've decided to go on the offensive on FB and I recommend that anyone who participates on social media do the same.

    Here's what I posted this evening. I already got one request to teach a woman from NY to shoot. If anyone is interested in sharing this to spread it, PM me and I'll send you my name and you can look it up.







    Feel free to post your own social media campaigns.
    I completely agree with the concept of teaching children actual gun safety rules. That seems so basic and common sense but what does that have to do with the emotionally stunted denizens that now occupy places like Facebook, Twitter and School Boards?
    The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant

  3. #23
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Media, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Posts
    1,912
    Rep Power
    2895594

    Default Re: Facebook wars

    Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I only watched a minute or so, the only thing they said is there were no mass
    shooting since the ban, and gun crime went down 60%.
    Hmmm, how about the non gun related violent crime?? It is so easy to question these selected statements of the antis. It doesn't take a gun ban to see the violent crime rate and murder rate go down, consider our own country.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lancaster, Pennsylvania
    (Lancaster County)
    Posts
    4,732
    Rep Power
    21474852

    Default Re: Facebook wars

    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I completely agree with the concept of teaching children actual gun safety rules. That seems so basic and common sense but what does that have to do with the emotionally stunted denizens that now occupy places like Facebook, Twitter and School Boards?
    Expose them to the truth and that their friends, neighbors, schoolmates, etc. are all gun owners and not the stupid stereotypes and fantasies floating around in their heads.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Gouldsboro, Pennsylvania
    (Wayne County)
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,532
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: Facebook wars

    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    Expose them to the truth and that their friends, neighbors, schoolmates, etc. are all gun owners and not the stupid stereotypes and fantasies floating around in their heads.
    This right here, Jennifer. As I said before, if all that the stunted hear is other stunted viewpoints in a vacuum, it becomes validation.

    Moms Demand Action supporter responded.



    She: Probably because a woman can only choose whether or not to have an abortion for herself, whereas a gun owner can shoot anyone at all. You're comparing apples to oranges.

    She: You are making many false assumptions when you say that there is only one end result. That is faulty logic.

    Me: False assumptions? How so? Can you provide two legitimate reasons for knowing who has what firearms other than confiscation? I certainly can't.

    Me: As far as the apples to oranges analogy, although I support a woman having the right to choose to have an abortion, if you think that it is only a woman choosing for herself, you are missing part of the picture. Whereas, I know many hundreds of gun owners whose firearms have harmed no one. I do appreciate the civil discourse, though.




    We'll see where this takes us.
    "How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessnes."

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Orwigsburg, Pennsylvania
    (Schuylkill County)
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    1815727

    Default Re: Facebook wars

    I've had two instances of FB friends posting anti-gun propaganda. Both were young female college students. I suspect they were taught think this way in public school indoctrination centers and in college.

    When I challenged their posts with facts and reason, one ignored me completely. The other "liked" my comments, as if to say she saw my comment, but didn't want to discuss it. Why even bother posting if you don't want to talk about it?

    I sincerely doubt that I had any impact on them. I suspect they formed their opinions and then stuck their fingers in their ears while shouting "LALALALALALALALA" every time someone challenges them.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Gouldsboro, Pennsylvania
    (Wayne County)
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,532
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: Facebook wars

    Quote Originally Posted by Holeshot121 View Post
    I've had two instances of FB friends posting anti-gun propaganda. Both were young female college students. I suspect they were taught think this way in public school indoctrination centers and in college.

    When I challenged their posts with facts and reason, one ignored me completely. The other "liked" my comments, as if to say she saw my comment, but didn't want to discuss it. Why even bother posting if you don't want to talk about it?

    I sincerely doubt that I had any impact on them. I suspect they formed their opinions and then stuck their fingers in their ears while shouting "LALALALALALALALA" every time someone challenges them.
    Yeah, I've noticed a recent trend that appears to be popular with some of the women that I am friends with. They will post something pro-Hillary, anti-Trump or anti-2A, I will reply with my usual thought out counter argument in a civil manner only to have them post something else like "I'm tired of all the politics on FB, so I'm posting a picture of a cow surrounded by flowers." WTF? You were the one that got political first, chica. I merely balanced the equation.
    "How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessnes."

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    2,208
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: Facebook wars

    I changed my viewpoint about guns because of a facebook post...

    Said no one ever.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    127.0.0.1, Pennsylvania
    (Lancaster County)
    Posts
    17,913
    Rep Power
    21474867

    Default Re: Facebook wars

    Quote Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
    I changed my viewpoint about guns because of a facebook post...

    Said no one ever.
    You just said it.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Gouldsboro, Pennsylvania
    (Wayne County)
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,532
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: Facebook wars

    Quote Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
    I changed my viewpoint about guns because of a facebook post...

    Said no one ever.
    You're just doing it wrong. The post that started this resulted in one of my Girl Scout moms, who's so liberal that she was a social worker for 15 years, asking me to teach her to shoot.
    "How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessnes."

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. All Wars Are Bankers' Wars
    By Mr. Rodgers in forum General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: April 1st, 2013, 04:08 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 20th, 2013, 09:48 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 5th, 2011, 10:04 PM
  4. Anyone play Mafia Wars on Facebook?
    By Jake Mc. in forum General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: December 31st, 2009, 12:51 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops