Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Virginia Concealed Carry Permit?

What's the story with them? I am told they are good in over 20 states and out of staters can get them. Are they good in Pa? It looks like I might be able to get a VA permit. I can't get one in Pa because I used to smoke pot and my record indicates that.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Virginia Concealed Carry Permit?

So much fail in one thread.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Montgomery County)

A Pennsylvania resident must hold a Pennsylvania LTCF to legally carry concealed in the state of Pennsylvania (or openly in a city of the first class).

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    So much fail in one thread.
    Yup, I used to be a toker. The last cop who arrested me told me I had the best looking weed he had seen in years. He recently resigned and an officer from the same dept got busted for script fraud for the second time. He got ARD and kept his job the first time he got busted. AG Kane got him the second time around. I really think one of those cops stole my Ativan because they never charged me for it and Ativan was one of the medications the cop got busted writing fraudulent scripts for. That being said I just found the section on here explaining carry laws and now know I would need to be a Va resident for a Va permit to be valid.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    A Pennsylvania resident must hold a Pennsylvania LTCF to legally carry concealed in the state of Pennsylvania (or openly in a city of the first class).
    I don't think you [as a PA resident] can [even] transport a gun openly in a car with an out of state permit because carrying in a car is considered concealed. Correct me if I'm wrong....
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thdimension View Post
    Yup, I used to be a toker. The last cop who arrested me told me I had the best looking weed he had seen in years. He recently resigned and an officer from the same dept got busted for script fraud for the second time. He got ARD and kept his job the first time he got busted. AG Kane got him the second time around. I really think one of those cops stole my Ativan because they never charged me for it and Ativan was one of the medications the cop got busted writing fraudulent scripts for. That being said I just found the section on here explaining carry laws and now know I would need to be a Va resident for a Va permit to be valid.
    Well when the smoke clears Cheech you notice there is a section for this post. This ain't it. Where there is a thread on this very topic.
    Btw the answer is no.
    No VA
    No VA in PA
    Not in a house
    Not with a mouse.

Did the cop stand there and make you smoke the whole bag?
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    I don't think you [as a PA resident] can [even] transport a gun openly in a car with an out of state permit because carrying in a car is considered concealed. Correct me if I'm wrong....
    Technically carrying in a vehicle is not considered concealed, the end result is the same but it's considered vehicle carry.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...tn=6&subsctn=0

(Chester County)

I was under the impression PA honored every permit as long as you are in the car. Once you leave the car you need a PA license or open carry(not in philly) without a license. Or a License from your home state.

A PA resident can carry under an LTCF,
    a nonresident can carry under a PA LTCF if they have a carry (or maybe purchase?) permit in their state of residence,
    a nonresident can carry under the resident or nonresident carry permit of any reciprocal state, even if they do not have a permit in their state of residence
    any person not prohibited can carry under 6106(b) exceptions, which does not have to be open carry
    any person not prohibited can open carry on foot except in Philadelphia or under a state of emergency, which is pretty much 7 months of the year due to snow

(Daily thanks to the ever more corrupt AG Kane)

As for your other posts OP, I'd suggest not being a degenerate but you're too late for that. You'd best find out exactly what you were convicted on, which is not exceptionally difficult.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    Well when the smoke clears Cheech you notice there is a section for this post. This ain't it. Where there is a thread on this very topic.
    Btw the answer is no.
    No VA
    No VA in PA
    Not in a house
    Not with a mouse.

Did the cop stand there and make you smoke the whole bag?
    I wish he did make smoke all of it. He probably did.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast