Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig P320

Cool Sig P320

Has anyone gotten some real use out of one of these? Daily carry for awhile or thousands of rounds down the pipe? Wondering how they take some serious abuse. It looks interesting and is the only semi-auto that has gotten my attention recently. Thanks

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Sig P320

I haven't gotten to run it but I've fingered it. It's a very nice handling pistol with a great striker fired trigger out of the box. This and the ppq both have really good triggers. The compact pointed better than the full size for me.

(Centre County)

Great trigger. Very reliable. Stock night sights are nice. Great trigger.

I traded it for a G43 because I ended up riding the slide release (I shoot Glocks a lot, so that grip is natural) which caused the slide not to lock back on an empty mag. The slide release is too far back for my liking. I changed my grip and it didn't feel right. I wanted to like it so much; couldn't get the proper grip down.....
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Beaver County)

My mom and her husband had the P250 and I hated it. It was almost never used but when you would put a magazine in with the slide open, it would close on it's own. In addition to that, it would randomly not lock back when empty. The awful DAO trigger had about a dozen light hammer strikes over the course of a month taking it shooting with me a few times. The P320 is basically the same gun and Sig is usually not known for poor quality but that P250 was a real heap of shit ... Left a really bad taste in my mouth for Sig. I bought my wife the PPQ and she loves it.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    My mom and her husband had the P250 and I hated it. It was almost never used but when you would put a magazine in with the slide open, it would close on it's own. In addition to that, it would randomly not lock back when empty. The awful DAO trigger had about a dozen light hammer strikes over the course of a month taking it shooting with me a few times. The P320 is basically the same gun and Sig is usually not known for poor quality but that P250 was a real heap of shit ... Left a really bad taste in my mouth for Sig. I bought my wife the PPQ and she loves it.
    Totally different gun, no comparison.

I got to shoot one, shot great with a nice trigger. People that own them really seem to like them.

(Chester County)

I have the P320 Carry in 9mm. I really like the pistol a lot. I rotate the P320 Carry and my S&W Shield 9 as my carry gun. I never had problems with the slide failing to lock back after the last round. The trigger on it is very nice. It's also very easy to clean because the entire trigger assembly pops out. The gun is very accurate, and it has never failed on me. I've probably put close to 1,000 rounds through it. My only gripe is I have to hold the pistol slightly differently than other striker guns I shoot. Specifically I have to place my thumb on my dominant hand in a lower position than I normally keep it. After you shoot it for awhile, it doesn't become a big deal. Just practice, practice, practice.

I have no intentions of selling my Sig P320 Carry, but it definitely won't be the last striker fired 9mm I buy. I bought my Shield a year or so later because I wanted something smaller for "warm weather concealment". I just checked, I bought my Sig P320 Carry 9mm with night sights for $540 from Bud's Gun Shop.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

Awesome thanks for the replies. I think I might try it out. My first pistol I owned as a civilian was a Sig and I wasn't disappointed

(Chester County)

Glock, Sig, HK.... it really comes down to personal preference regarding those firearms. I don't consider Glocks, VP9/40, or P320 any better or worse than the other.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(York County)

I've shot a boat load of Sig 239, 229, 226, 220 etc. and loved them all, but until last month never a 'plastic' Sig. My personal preference is old school: no plastic, no SAO or striker fired, but I absolutely loved the full size p320 in 9mm. Nice weight, nice recoil, great capacity, and a very smooth trigger. It's now on the top of my list to be my first striker fired and first railed handgun.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Cumberland County)

I've got a P320c. I like it a lot. It came with a bad extractor though, but I sent it in and it has been 100% ever since.

The gun definitely shoots well. The trigger is really good, but what really makes it stand out is the modularity. It's perfect for those living in states where it's hard to get another gun and buying caliber exchange kits is a nice work around.

It also lends to simplicity. There isn't much that makes up the gun so it's easy to get into the thing and clean it up real easy. It would be a good gun if you're interested in stippling the grip since they can be easily exchanged out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast