Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Denied LTCF

(York County)

Default Denied LTCF

Was denied for concealed carry. I was wondering if it would be possible to get another states non residential concealed carry, and if pa would honor it. The laws must of changed in 2013 because pa no longer accepts Virginia, Florida, and Arizona non residential ccw. I'm trying to work out what options I have aside from asking the governor to expunge my conviction. I'm currently a pa resident. My conviction was possessing paraphernalia with intent to use. I was 19 when charged 20 when convicted. I didn't get a lawyer or public defender and took the charge like a man, I was caught red handed so to speak so I didn't want to waste the courts time. Now I'm finding that the act I was charged under won't allow me to concealed carry.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Denied LTCF

Quote Originally Posted by Deliverydriver89 View Post
    Was denied for concealed carry. I was wondering if it would be possible to get another states non residential concealed carry, and if pa would honor it. The laws must of changed in 2013 because pa no longer accepts Virginia, Florida, and Arizona non residential ccw. I'm trying to work out what options I have aside from asking the governor to expunge my conviction. I'm currently a pa resident. My conviction was possessing paraphernalia with intent to use. I was 19 when charged 20 when convicted. I didn't get a lawyer or public defender and took the charge like a man, I was caught red handed so to speak so I didn't want to waste the courts time. Now I'm finding that the act I was charged under won't allow me to concealed carry.

Simple answer, as a PA resident, you cannot carry concealed on another state non-resident license.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    Simple answer, as a PA resident, you cannot carry concealed on another state non-resident license in the state of PA.
    FIFY. What he said.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Juniata County)

What they said, you don't want to hear the long version.

Your options are, get a good Lawyer who knows the gun Laws.

http://amgoa.org/Pennsylvania-Gun-Law-Attorneys

Phil Kline Spends a lot of time on the forum, and is pretty knowledgeable. He would be my first call.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

I was wondering if it would be possible to get another states non residential concealed carry
    If you were denied then probably not.

and if pa would honor it.
    PA would not, and many other states only honor resident permits.

I didn't get a lawyer or public defender and took the charge like a man, I was caught red handed so to speak so I didn't want to waste the courts time. Now I'm finding that the act I was charged under won't allow me to concealed carry.
    Well, that was dumb. Good luck with that.
    NRA Life Member

(Venango County)

Getting legal representation is not wasting state's time. It ensures you are getting a fair trial from arrest, chain of custody of evidence etc. Make the state earn the conviction properly. Even red-handed cases get perverted or the state commits misconduct. You may still plead guilty but the lawyer should be able to explain the consequences of doing so or not doing so.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    Simple answer, as a PA resident, you cannot carry concealed on another state non-resident license.
    ^^^ this^^¥

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    Getting legal representation is not wasting state's time. It ensures you are getting a fair trial from arrest, chain of custody of evidence etc. Make the state earn the conviction properly. Even red-handed cases get perverted or the state commits misconduct. You may still plead guilty but the lawyer should be able to explain the consequences of doing so or not doing so.
    ^^^ and this^^^

Your pretty much screwed unless you get a pardon and expungement of your record. Call a lawyer, you probably only get one shot at that and it'll be costly. Good luck to ya.

(Montgomery County)

If you are 27 now, then you are only 2 years away from making that arrest a decade old.

1. Talk to the above recommended lawyer.
    2. Continue to be actively involved in your church/synagogue / mosque/ local volunteer work network.
    3. Be a productive citizen.
    4. See if you can get, sorry, EARN a pardon by your above and beyond exemplary behaviour.
    5. Start at #1 again (repeat for as long as it takes).