Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Argentine FM Hi-power?

Long time no speak guys...

So in my quest for a project while I'm on vacation next week, I ran into one of these Browning clones that followed me home. I was originally looking for an FN surplus beater to fix up into half a nice shooter.

It's in better shape than I was looking for (epoxy type finish perhaps 90 percent, few small blemishes) now I'm not so sure where to go with it?

Any suggestions?

Default Re: Argentine FM Hi-power?

Very high quality copy. Basically all it needs IMO is a better set of sights , nice grips , and a C&S small-ring hammer. Deleting the mag safety usually helps the trigger a bit. The finish also leaves something to be desired. I'd glass-bead and parkerize it with Teflon sealant. Cerakote does seem to be a very popular finish too.

Make it too pretty and ya won't carry it and use it like it's meant for.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Berks County)

Krylon Wrinkle Finish paint to touch up any wear points.

As far as better sights, this Hi Power uses the old front sight with tenon post and drift adjustable rear. So you would have to either have a dovetail cut for the front sight and have the rear sight dovetail made wider. Then the Trijicons or Tru Glow will work. If not you will have to find an older set of Millet sights that have the 'tail' and have a gunsmith install them.

Good pick up you have.
    gotta love her ;)

(Bucks County)

Didn't manage to really look it over until I got home from work last night. Gotta say I'm actually a bit disappointed. The slide is that weird 1911 style (not what I wanted), sights are 3 dot configuration, and the finish is good enough that I can't bring myself to take it off. Mechanically it's pretty good, and the triggers quite fine even with the mag safety in place.