Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Sig P229 22lr conversion

Talked to a few people on the forum about these so I finally got one. I have to say I am impressed. Had to adjust the sites a bit but it is more accurate then I thought it would be. At 25 yards off hand I was able to keep 3" groups with Armscor Standard Velocity. The higher velocity Game Shok wasn't quite as accurate. All the different ammos I tried worked perfect. The only one that seemed like it just had enough power to cycle it was federal lightning. Even the federal automatch worked fine. Only thing I don't care for is the plastic mag and the fact that it doesn't lock open after the last round. If you are thinking about getting one of these now that 22 ammo is around more its a great way to shoot your carry gun a bit cheaper. It worked on all 3 of my 229s.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Sig P229 22lr conversion

I just got the conversion kit for my 229 and, like yours, it really works well.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Sig P229 22lr conversion

Not liking the $40 for a extra mag. I have a sportsmansguide visa and I have $60 in redeem dollars but I can't pull the trigger on another mag for $40 even when it's free. Sure I could find better stuff on the site to spend it on. I wish I wouldn't have waited so long to get this. Just seemed like the reviews were always bad. I have no idea what people were talking about. Cycles all the ammos I have tried with no problems. I had a mosquito that would only run mini mags, game shok and velocitors. It helped only paying $165 for it. Brand new on eBay. I watched it for a couple days and decided to bid the minimum of 155. No one else bid on it. I was afraid it was going to show up used or broken. Brand new still with oil in the plastic bags in the black plastic case. Even still had the cardboard outer. I am going to stockpile a bit of 22 so I don't have to worry about getting ammo down the road!