Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: July 4th at Independence Mall

Quote Originally Posted by smoke-wagon View Post
    I've CCed outside to the events without issue
    I have also CC'd without issue outside in the historical areas.

(Bucks County)

OCed with Viper around Independence Mall at the philly march we did without incident. Of course, PPD had a heads up we were doing that beforehand. They watched to make sure we didn't try to go in any of the buildings though.

(Chester County)

Just curious. If you live in NJ, how are going to be able to legally conceal carry in PA? You can't even legally open carry in Philadelphia without a PA LTCF.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
    Just curious. If you live in NJ, how are going to be able to legally conceal carry in PA? You can't even legally open carry in Philadelphia without a PA LTCF.
    Good catch. I just assumed that he was a PA resident (with a PA LTCF).

Quote Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_010 View Post
    Good catch. I just assumed that he was a PA resident (with a PA LTCF).
    I'm not a NJ resident, just living here at the Governments request for the next 3 years. PA recognizes my Michigan CPL though, so I'm covered with that. I do keep on meaning to go across and pick-up a LTCF though...but I want to go into Montgomery County, just need to get time on a weekday to do so.
    Last edited by Soup76; June 22nd, 2016 at 08:39 PM. Reason: minor typo

(Chester County)

How do you plan to transport your gun from your place to NJ border? I thought you could only transport to/fr range
    Last edited by birdwooddog; June 22nd, 2016 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Fix typos

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    Just my 2 cents but a better way to protect the family that conceal carry would be avoiding large crowds and high profile events during the last week of Ramadan. ISIS religious leaders have promised their supporters they will go to an "enhanced paradise" if they kill Westerners in the last 10 days of Ramadan.

Odds may be low of an actual attack (even though these events are increasing) but that's just how I like to keep my profile... low.
    The odds are very low, like Powerball low. IF there was an attack and IF it happened on that day and at that time and IF it happened in Philly and IF the attack was successful and IF you were one of the small number killed among one or two hundred thousand people there...

The terrorists are winning if people will stay home afraid on a holiday because of a zero-to-the-n'th-place chance of an attack. You probably do 100 things a day, like driving, that are way more dangerous than that.

Quote Originally Posted by birdwooddog View Post
    How do you plan to transport your gun from your place to NJ border? I thought you could only transport to/fr range
    Are you telling me that PA doesn't have any ranges

For what it's worth, transporting to the range is just one of the enumerated circumstances, there are others.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    The odds are very low, like Powerball low. IF there was an attack and IF it happened on that day and at that time and IF it happened in Philly and IF the attack was successful and IF you were one of the small number killed among one or two hundred thousand people there...

The terrorists are winning if people will stay home afraid on a holiday because of a zero-to-the-n'th-place chance of an attack. You probably do 100 things a day, like driving, that are way more dangerous than that.
    I wholeheartedly agree. I'm not going to allow ISIS (or any threat for that matter) dictate when/where I travel for the holiday.

Like anything I do (even driving)...a little Situational Awareness will be all I need hopefully.

Well...we decided on going yesterday (July 4th) for the reading of the Declaration and the Parade. CC'd without issue, never a glance from anyone that I could tell.

I usually park at the Independence Hall Parking garage, but wasn't sure who owned it (plus I think it may have been closed). We arrived early and parked at the Constitution Center, all in all it was a great day

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast