Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Gun Belt for concealed carry.

Why not an Ankle Glove from Galco or Alessi?

Maybe put a clip on the pistol like one poster said or call The Belt Man and he will make you what you want. Let us know what he says.

(Luzerne County)

I'm kinda on the same page....not quite sure how to go about concealing and carrying. I am 100% in agreeance that a womans conceal clothing line would be a huge success. Maybe if we all pitch in with some specialities we could make a cool $mil. I'm not a big fan of most belts. But luckily those that I do like are wide leather, I've stolen a few from my boyfriend (but dont tell him, hehehe) FYI I've found that wide belts actually fit nicely through the loops of most jeans from Old Navy. As for dressy(er) type pants I can't help much. I'm in the market for finding a holster, purse carrying just doesn't seem practial (not to mention unsafe) with a 9mm or .40. And add the fact that most of the time I'm carrying around an 8 month old daughter. But, the whole reason I got my LTCF is because of her. I'll get there, just a matter of trying out a million different ways/styles till something works.

(Delaware County)

I've been pondering this problem for months now. I wear business formal attire to work, so I can at least entertain the idea of a shoulder holster....you know, assuming I can find one that fits. The last one I tried would've required cutting 2/3s of every strap off and sewing on my own velcro because there was so much extra. One person here has suggested a custom route I can go for a vertical shoulder holster (I'm not "deep" enough for horizontal) and it looks like it is a definite possibility. For days when I won't be in a suit jacket all day at work, I'm considering belly band carry because most of my slacks don't even have belt loops. I have one that is reasonably comfortable and does a great job concealing my P9 Covert even under relatively light cover garments...my biggest problem is that it's not stable for more than a couple hours because it is only about 4 inches wide, and that it's black. But it *is* rather nice to be able to conceal under a mere tanktop...

I'm thinking of taking a trip to a fabric/craft store and making my own belly band that is white (to hide under those light-colored shirts or at least be more inconspicuous if I flash a bit of the band), a bit wider for more comfort, and if I can figure out how to anchor it, a way of attaching some reinforced velcro to be used to strap on a slim OWB/belt slide holster instead of sewing a holster-like pocket directly on the band like my current belly band. ...Might have to learn how to sew again though, and hunt down a sewing machine...
    Last edited by Ladi; May 23rd, 2007 at 09:17 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Wear men's britches! LOL

(Montgomery County)

I ordered a Beltman 1 1/2" dual layer bullhide belt in black with a black square buckle, it will be here in 1.5-2 weeks...can't wait.

I got my carbon fiber belt from http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=4103&C=C1071 and its great. They have a few selections on belts that women might be interested in. I did get a 1 1/2 but they also have nice belts in 1 1/4.
    What I like about the carbon fiber is that it does not twist, it stays firmly in place. Unlike a leather belt which is really not made for a holster. I always wear jeans so I really don't need a dress belt. Although the carbon fiber is really nice and could be used for a dressier look.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by DPB View Post
    Frenchy, I'm not even going to ask why you were carrying your money in your wife's pockets.
    Do you mean that I'm actually allowed to carry my own money?!?
    Hmmmph! Wait till I talk to her! I had a feelin' that didn't sound right!
    Gary in Pennsylvania
    -------------------------------
    “No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt
    “Argue For Your Limitations……And Sure Enough, They’re Yours.” Messiah's Handbook
    “The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates 399BC

I use a BlackHawk carbon fiber belt. It is sturdy and it doesn't look like a gun belt like others I have seen!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234