Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Re: Gun Belt for concealed carry.

Check out The Beltman! http://www.thebeltman.net High quality stuff.

I have heard good things about the wilderness belt but for me I need something more dressy.

(Fulton County)

if you have a small gun check out covertcarrier.com although you shouldnt carry with one in the chamber.

(Montgomery County)

try this then, they make a LOT of holsters, belts, purses and alternate carry methods for women:
    http://www.usgalco.com/Women.asp

hope this helps, anything real special will probably have to be custom made.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Blair County)

If you've got some budget and some time, Josh Bulman (www.bulmangunleather) runs a one man shop in central PA. Shouldn't be a lot more that a Galco or Desantis, and it truly is custom. Custom as in, tell him what you want and he makes it.

I don't have a Beltman belt, but I've gotten some buckles from him, and his stuff looks to be top of the line as well.

I sent a Wilderness belt back to them when the velcro on the running end separated from the belt, requesting customer service. This happened while working in an office, not in the field. That was 2003, I'm still waiting on customer service.

In nylon I prefer Spectre Gear double thickness belts, but they're all 1.75 inch belts.
    PREPARE FOR BATTLE

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by JayBell View Post
    try this then, they make a LOT of holsters, belts, purses and alternate carry methods for women:
    http://www.usgalco.com/Women.asp

hope this helps, anything real special will probably have to be custom made.
    Holsters, purses, but not much in the belt department. Guess I'll have to keep looking. You guys have it SO easy!
    Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in every caliber.

I'm armed and menopausal...Excuse me, did you have something to say?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
    Thanks for the link. I checked out ths site. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that they make belts for women. Guess I'll have to keep searching.
    Is there such a big difference between Men's and Women's belt?

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by wewo View Post
    Is there such a big difference between Men's and Women's belt?
    Yes, actually there is. The belt loops on men's pants are MUCH larger than on women's skirts pants...most women's belt loops are lucky to accomodate a 1" belt--1/2"-3/4" is much more common. Men's belts are typically 1 1/4"-1 1/2" (sometimes larger) and will therefore NOT fit through the loops on most women's garments (they usually will for jeans, but for those who can not wear jeans to work, that just won't work) As an example, with the pants I have on today, the belt with them is 3/4". A man's belt is just TOO WIDE to wear with what I am wearing. The majority of women's slacks and skirts fall into this category (and some will only accommodate a 1/2" belt.)

(Erie County)

I can't reall say much on the topic of womens gun blets, don't really think you will find one under 1". I wouldn't recommend carrying a gun on a belt under 1" alot of people don't recommend carrying on anything smaller then 1 1/2". Personally I use a 1 1/4" with a plastic stiffener and after a while a fullsize gun will take its toll on it. If you must have a 1/2 or 3/4" try contacting any of the companies listed here I am sure they will custom make anything you want.

(Cambria County)

I may have to do that. Fortunately, my concealed carry piece is pretty light...a Kel-Tec P3AT in .380, so weight is not an issue...it's not too much heavier than my cell phone. Anything bigger that would be too heavy for a smaller belt is also too large for me to carry concealed.

(Blair County)

A couple of other points:

A belt that is designed as a "gunbelt" tends to be what we would refer to as an "indicator." Even a more narrow gunbelt is still significantly thicker than something you buy at the mall.

For a 3AT, you might want to look at either the clip that they make for them (that gives the same capability as the "covertcarrier" mentioned above). This should be supportable without a dedicated "gunbelt."

I would also be tempted by "not on the belt" carry. By the time you get a 3AT into a belt holster, you will have more weight and bulk in leather that you do in gun. Which does not achieve your desired goals. Since we have now become well educated on the subject of women's belt loops, what is the situation on women's pockets?
    PREPARE FOR BATTLE

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast