Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: Spring system, gen 3 or 4?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gen 3

0 0%
  • Gen 4

2 100.00%

Default Gen 3 & 4 recoil springs

I'm not referring to the back straps, different textured grips, bigger mag release, etc.. the thing I'm asking about is the different recoil springs between the gen 3 and gen 4 glocks. Is the gen 4 dual spring worth the extra money? For anyone with experience with them, what is your preference between the two, based solely on the springs? Does the dual spring in the gen 4's last significantly longer? Less wear on the frame?
    Last edited by Blue92; June 14th, 2016 at 07:45 PM.

(Centre County)

Default Re: Gen 3 & 4 recoil springs

Quote Originally Posted by Blue92 View Post
    I'm not referring to the back straps, different textured grips, bigger mag release, etc.. the thing I'm asking about is the different recoil springs between the gen 3 and gen 4 glocks. Is the gen 4 dual spring worth the extra money? For anyone with experience with them, what is your preference between the two, based solely on the springs? Does the dual spring in the gen 4's last significantly longer? Less wear on the frame?
    I would say no if recoil spring is the only thing you looking at. I like set up with tangsten guide rod, but captive recoil spring of gen4 makes that a very expensive venture.

But I bought Gen4 instead Gen3 purely because gen4 grip fits my hand better then gen3 grip.
    In fact, it was almost joke for me to try to grip Gen3(holding it proper I mean) G20 even tho I always wanted one, but Gen4 made it small enough for my small ass Asian hand that I was finally able to own g20.

As far as durability goes, I don't think they are any better or worth. My G20 and G19(both Gen 4, and probably over 5000 rounds through g20, and similar with g19)) have shot significant amount of rounds, but I have not seen any weakening of spring or anything...
    Last edited by Mity2; June 14th, 2016 at 08:53 PM.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere