Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Questions regarding firearms purchases and concealed weapon permit in Philadelphia.

Good afternoon all, I'm sorry if this question was answered already or if there's a thread somewhere on it, I searched over 15 pages of context and didn't see anything specific to these questions. I currently have a closed case where I was charged with 6 non violent felonies but they were adjucated, and once I finish paying the last $200 of restitution, I will be able to file the correct documents and my rocord will be expunged/seal so basically it will not come up on any background checks for employment purposes and such but I was just wondering if that means I will be able to purchase a firearm and be able to apply for my license to carry concealed in Philadelphia? I've heard from many people that anyone convicted of felony charges will not be able to posses a firearm at all, but I am correct when I assume since I was never found guilty of the crimes they were adjucated and they were non violent anyway will that still prevent me from getting a firearm and ltcw in Philadelphia now or would I have to wait for them to be expunged from my record completely? Thanks in advance and my apalogizes again if there was already a thread regarding this situation!

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Questions regarding firearms purchases and concealed weapon permit in Philadelphi

I'll be the first to say get a lawyer. I don't think this is going to go the way you think it is

Default Re: Questions regarding firearms purchases and concealed weapon permit in Philadelphi

You need to PM Gunlawyer001 Phil Kline and get this sorted out before you even try to buy a gun. the difference between Knowing positively and just thinking that you know will get you in serious trouble if your wrong.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Allegheny County)

Ill pile on. Given your complex case. I would not attempt to buy a firearm or apply for a LTCF without a competent lawyer who specializes in firearms law reviews your case.

It sounds like you dodged a bullet with the expungement. Don't shoot yourself in the foot over something a lawyer could have cleared up for you. Pun intended.

Also your in Philly, if you don't cross all or T's and dot all your I's they will look for ANY excuse to crucify you. Weather they have legal standing or not.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion