Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default Advanced Point Shooting Concepts Oct 22-23 - Hershey, PA

Cost: $350 for the two days. Or $600 for all four days.

This course is the last two days of our Point Shooting Weekend. If you would like to run a rifle during this course, you must have taken Long Gun Point Shooting Concepts. If not, you can run this course with a pistol.

This course is put on by the Hershey, PA Training Group - North East Region (PA/MD/NJ/NY).

When: Oct 22 - 23.

Description:

The main focus inside of this course is to become completely ambidextrous. When we talk of the most advanced levels of the handgun, the need for completely ambidextrous skill sets simply cannot be understated. Whether the need for these skills is due to being injured inside of the fight, being injured outside of the fight, for shooting around cover, or having the ability to shoot to any angle on the clock while moving dynamically, when you need these skills, you are going to need them as bad as you have ever needed anything. Another arena where you are going to need to be completely ambidextrous, if you want to be as prepared as you can possible be is the arena of CQB and clearing of structures. Learning to apply ambidextrous skills to your “clearing” tool box will make you a safer and more dangerous fighter.

What you will learn inside of this course is the essentials to being able to fight with your handguns, at the highest levels possible.

Mirrored set ups are strongly recommended inside of this course, but not absolutely necessary.

Injured shooters drills
    Injured shooters malfunction clearances
    A look at back up guns and the varying carry options
    Transfers and transitions
    The benefits of mirrored set ups
    Repetition to get your non-primary hand up to speed
    The retention concept applied to the non-primary hand
    Ambidextrous completely versatile draw stroke
    Ambidextrous movement matrix
    Last edited by Pokeguyjai; June 12th, 2016 at 11:58 PM.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Advanced Point Shooting Concepts Oct 22-23 - Hershey, PA

Nine weeks out!

https://fightfocusedconcepts.com/201...g-weekend-600/

October 20-23, 2016 Hershey PA – Point Shooting Weekend DISCOUNT 4 days ($600)

October 20-21 – Hershey PA – Long Gun Point Shooting Concepts ($350)

October 22-23 – Hershey PA – Advanced Point Shooting Concepts ($350)

Long Gun Point Shooting Concepts

Long Gun Point Shooting Concepts (LGPSC) is a revolutionary reactive based rifle course that looks at the world of the reactionary rifle, like it has never been looked out before. In this course we will be doing an in-depth study of “The Nine Concepts of the Reactive Rifle.”

The Reactionary Curve
    The Ready Positions
    The Take Off Concept
    The Retention concept
    The Mount Concept
    The Movement Concept
    The Sights Concept
    The Grip Concept
    The Trigger Concept

As you see there is a lot of consistency across the concepts when compare to the “Point Shooting Concepts” handgun approach. But of course, there are some things that have to be changed such as “the ready positions” and “the mount.” Obviously, these are the things that are drastically different from the handgun.

One of the sacred cows out there that is constantly put worth by the LCD students of the gun, is that “you cannot train for every situation, so advanced training is a waste of time.” This thinking is the height of ignorance and laziness, it is used as an excuse to never proceed past the most basic of thinking and skill sets. If you understand “The Nine Concepts” and train to ingrain every point inside of “The Nine Concepts”, you can prepare for the vast number of situations that are likely to arise. To be able to do this we need to break away from the technique focus of the recent past.

Techniques are nothing more than niches and niches do not flow. To be fluid we must look at fluid concepts, concepts that run A-Z, with no one point being more important than another. This need for fluidity is due to the fact that the situation is the dictating factor and the concepts written above are all about the specifics of the situation. In my training I find out exactly what I need to do inside of “The Nine Concepts” to be as deadly as I can possibly be inside of the created training situations.

It is the absolute knowledge of “The Nine Concepts” and the ability to fluidly intertwine “The Nine Concepts” mentally and physically that will allow you to be as deadly as possible inside of the fluid dynamics of a reactionary fight……without any weaknesses.

800 rounds and as always, bring more if you want to shoot more.

Fight Focused Handgun V – Advanced Point Shooting Concepts

Fight Focused Handgun V picks up right where Fight Focused Handgun III left off. The main focus inside of this course is to become completely ambidextrous. When we talk of the most advanced levels of the handgun, the need for completely ambidextrous skill sets simply cannot be understated. Whether the need for these skills is due to being injured inside of the fight, being injured outside of the fight, for shooting around cover, or having the ability to shoot to any angle on the clock while moving dynamically, when you need these skills, you are going to need them as bad as you have ever needed anything. Another arena where you are going to need to be completely ambidextrous, if you want to be as prepared as you can possible be is the arena of CQB and clearing of structures. Learning to apply ambidextrous skills to your “clearing” tool box will make you a safer and more dangerous fighter.

What you will learn inside of this course is the essentials to being able to fight with your handguns, at the highest levels possible.

Mirrored set ups are strongly recommended inside of this course, but not absolutely necessary.

Injured shooters drills
    Injured shooters malfunction clearances
    A look at back up guns and the varying carry options
    Transfers and transitions
    The benefits of mirrored set ups
    Repetition to get your non-primary hand up to speed
    The retention concept applied to the non-primary hand
    Ambidextrous completely versatile draw stroke
    Ambidextrous movement matrix

**Pre-requisite, Fight Focused Handgun III course or other two-day intermediate point shooting based course.

It can be tough to put on a traveling course these days. The last thing I want to do is scare away people from enrolling, due to lack of quality information. Intermediate skill level with the handgun and rifle would be just fine. We will safely and slowly bring it to the advanced level.

I am going to be flexible with these courses, since they are set up in a manner that I will be able to judge competence well before the guns are loaded. On one end of the spectrum, I may have people wanting to train with me in the Advance Point Shooting Concepts (APSC) that have not taken the Point Shooting Concepts (PSC.) This is a per-requisite that has been changed for this traveling course, since I have taught four PSC in the area and we will not be running another until the market changes. I am confident this will not be a problem due to how the APSC is set up, with a heavy lean toward dry fire at the beginning of the course. That is how the course has been set up for years now and all of the students see the unbelievable benefits of that dry practice.

At one end of the spectrum, if a student shows up for the APSC without taking the PSC before hand, they will be allowed to handle the course as they see fit (with two guns going ambidextrous, with one gun and a blue gun/dry gun going ambidextrous, or just going one gun and working injured shooters drills) as long as it fits with what I see safety wise and competence wise. Once again the built-in dry practice will show me (and the student) how the course will need to be handled. I will warn about making the decision to go “one gun” or “one gun and blue gun” and not bringing a two-gun set up. The dry practice sessions changes many minds on what is possible and what is safe. Many student regret showing up without a two-gun set up.

At the other end of the spectrum, some of the guys have trained with me numerous times in the APSC and they will be allowed to do things, such as run the APSC handgun course with a rifle. This is uncharted waters and the work shopping of this will be very interesting. It may just lead to the birth of an Advanced Long Gun Point Shooting Concepts.

If you would like to attend, but are unsure about qualifying skill level wise, please inquire here or personal message me.

I am looking to create an event! This looks to be a great opportunity to make that happen. Please do not balk on the opportunity due to uncertainty.

(Northampton County)

2 weeks out!