Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Diamondback DB9 and Remington RM380 reviews.

I wanted to write a quick followup on the diamondback db9 that I bought last year. I have two pocket pistols that I routinely carry now, the DB9 and a remington rm380. the DB9 was finicky when i first started shooting it but I now have a couple hundred rounds through it and it is running quite smooth and without any jams etc since about the first fifty rounds where I had four FTE/FTF malfunctions. The recoil isn't bad and I figured out a comfortable grip that eliminated the slide bite which was an issue the first time out. The accuracy is very good for such a small pocket gun and I find the trigger average for a doa. I use a "Don't Tread on Me" CC1 holster in the front pocket and find it pretty good for printing and also works well for drawing the gun.

The Remington RM380 continues to be a total pleasure, and is very nice shooting and very accurate for it's size. about 200 rounds in from brand new without any issue. I carry remington golden saber in both due to getting a really good deal when they had the $10/box rebate. Both guns like the respective offerings though the limitation with the diamondback is that it is not to be used with any +p loads nor with any projectiles larger than 124 gr. I would like to test it with liberty ammunition as I have thusfar been impressed with the civil defense line of theirs.

The Remington is carried in a cheap viridian pocket holster neoprene from sportsmansguide (about $4) and it works well for this. I prefer shooting the remington especially due to the fact that the slide locks back and also the true double action trigger but the diamondback has impressed me as well. I'd recommend either.

I've also been carrying the CZ P07 Duty IWB and one of the above as a backup. I couldn't be happier with the CZ - and to think I was ready to spend $1000 plus on a sig legion or a wilson beretta...that CZ shoots great, fits perfectly and I like it so much I bought two (the duty and the urban tactical).

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Diamondback DB9 and Remington RM380 reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by IrocGuns View Post
    I wanted to write a quick followup on the diamondback db9 that I bought last year. I have two pocket pistols that I routinely carry now, the DB9 and a remington rm380. the DB9 was finicky when i first started shooting it but I now have a couple hundred rounds through it and it is running quite smooth and without any jams etc since about the first fifty rounds where I had four FTE/FTF malfunctions. The recoil isn't bad and I figured out a comfortable grip that eliminated the slide bite which was an issue the first time out. The accuracy is very good for such a small pocket gun and I find the trigger average for a doa. I use a "Don't Tread on Me" CC1 holster in the front pocket and find it pretty good for printing and also works well for drawing the gun.

The Remington RM380 continues to be a total pleasure, and is very nice shooting and very accurate for it's size. about 200 rounds in from brand new without any issue. I carry remington golden saber in both due to getting a really good deal when they had the $10/box rebate. Both guns like the respective offerings though the limitation with the diamondback is that it is not to be used with any +p loads nor with any projectiles larger than 124 gr. I would like to test it with liberty ammunition as I have thusfar been impressed with the civil defense line of theirs.

The Remington is carried in a cheap viridian pocket holster neoprene from sportsmansguide (about $4) and it works well for this. I prefer shooting the remington especially due to the fact that the slide locks back and also the true double action trigger but the diamondback has impressed me as well. I'd recommend either.

I've also been carrying the CZ P07 Duty IWB and one of the above as a backup. I couldn't be happier with the CZ - and to think I was ready to spend $1000 plus on a sig legion or a wilson beretta...that CZ shoots great, fits perfectly and I like it so much I bought two (the duty and the urban tactical).
    What holster do you use for the P07 Duty?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Diamondback DB9 and Remington RM380 reviews.

I am using a cheap blackhawk neoprene IWB holster (which is what my friend and FFL uses for his P07 duty), forgot what the number is but it is quite comfortable actually. I'm a fat guy but it carries comfortably standing, and just needs adjustment for sitting so as not to hurt my spare tire...

I may invest in a crossbreed supertuck in the future but for now it's working well.