Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Sig P290rs

(Northumberland County)

Default Sig P290rs

My wifey ordered a Sig P290rs from a LGS. Any opinions on this Sig? Seems like the rs solved most the issues the earlier ones had.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Sig P290rs

I picked one up a couple of weeks ago. Very accurate, comfortable to carry and great night sights, but it has a long trigger pull. I mean a longggg trigger pull. It takes some practice to get used to it. I like mine very much and would recommend it to anyone. just be prepared for the different feeling trigger pull.

Smit

(Bucks County)

It's one of the best DAO micro 9mm's. I think it has the least shitty trigger out of all of them.

Very accurate for its size and long trigger pull. Feels like an actual gun in your hand.

The only "complaints" I have, is the extended grip magazines take a good slap to lock in place. Also, holster choices are somewhat limited.

The Holster Store probably has the best selection for it. http://www.theholsterstore.net/?Clic...FRQjgQodhAsCsQ

(Cumberland County)

The only thing I don't like is the curve in the trigger. I am ok with the long trigger pull, but hard to get good finger placement with the goofy over hooked trigger. Maybe it's just me. Other than that, I like the gun.

(Westmoreland County)

They don't quite fit my hand well, but it's me more than the pistol. The long trigger pull can be alleviated some by getting used to pulling up the slack before the hammer breaks. I've noticed a bit of variance in said slack pull. This works well if you are trying for a well controlled first shot. Not that these things are target pistols by any means but it's nice to get an idea where the rounds are going.

One has to remember that these things are small, very concealable micro-9s. One is more likely to have to use one for close-in defense than anything else. The DAO on these eliminates the concern over having to manipulate safety levers and such. I've sold a good many of these little guys and that was one concern many buyers had. Carrying safely and not having to worry about fumbling with a safety. So far I've gotten little or no negative feedback on them.

Your wife has great taste...

...in guns.

(Northumberland County)

Thanks everyone for the i put. We picked it up friday and she loves it. Just waiting on time to clean it n take it out.

I just wanted to add my +1 for the 290RS. I bought mine new about a year ago and put about 700 trouble free rounds through it since. It has eaten anything I feed it (except my really cream puff handloads). It is light enough and small enough to carry & conceal, but big enough and heavy enough for me to shoot well. I think anyone who grew up when revolvers were king won't have any complaints with the trigger and having an exposed hammer makes it a comfortable gun for routine handling (drawing & reholstering) I am surprised that it doesn't make it on many "top 5" lists of micro 9s. Perhaps reviewers were turned off by the the original 290 fiasco.

I do have to disagree with one poster's comment regarding the availability of holsters. I am a lefty and a "certified holster collector". From the day I got this gun, I have had no problems finding holsters for it, unlike some of my other guns.

I think you guys made a good choice.