Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Default Looking for recommendations on firearm insurance. Not Homeowners insurance.

Insurance if I use my gun in defence and shoot someone. I located five available. USCCA, Second Call Defence, NRA Self-Defence Insurance Option 4, Texas Law Shield and CCWSafe. Anyone have experience or advice. Prices run from $179.00 a year to $600.00+.

(Washington County)

Default Re: Looking for recommendations on firearm insurance. Not Homeowners insurance.

I listen to the We Like Shooting Show podcast and Second Call Defense is a sponsor of the show. They have the owner on regularly, every week they tell a account of how it has benefited someone, and all the show members have it. I've considered it myself.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

Default Re: Looking for recommendations on firearm insurance. Not Homeowners insurance.

I've looked into most of them including Second Call Defense who also looks great. They're backed by the NRA also.

I have not chosen one yet but it will probably be between between US Law Shield, Second Call and USCCA. I'm going to call them someday to ask questions such as spouse coverage and whether they pay the lawyers directly or if it's a reimbursement process, which I do not want.

I like USCCA and Second Call because they offer bail coverage too, where Law Shield does not that I can tell, it's for legal fees. USCCA also gives you access to a ton of training.