Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default How about a Lancaster get-together???

I know there is an open carry dinner scheduled, but does anyone want to coordinate a get together that's not focused on open carry? Would anyone be interested in a get together, meet and greet type event? I guess we could do that at the open carry dinner...

I just figured we could all use more shooting buddies and why not meet some of the locals.

Would anyone be interested in getting together on a monthly basis? It doesn't even have to be firearms focused. It could be husbands/wives, boyfriends/girlfriends, families, singles, whatever...I know my wife and I are back in the general area after graduating from college, but still, most of the people we used to run around with, especially those from college, aren't local anymore.

Thoughts? Ideas? Anything?

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: How about a Lancaster get-together???

Sounds interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
    Sounds interesting...
    What part of Lancaster are you from?

(Lancaster County)

I would be up for it.
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by jtkratzer View Post
    What part of Lancaster are you from?
    Manheim Township... Off of Oregon Pike.

(Lancaster County)

I'd be interested.
    --------------------
    Wayne

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935
    ---------------

(York County)

I might be...

I live in York but work in Lanc.

(Lancaster County)

Thumbs up Re: How about a Lancaster get-together???

Hey all,

I'd be into it, are we talking about just a social event- or would this include a shoot as well??

I just recently moved over from York, also I'm looking into places to shoot over this way. I guess it wouldn't hurt to do some networking to get the info.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything. -Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

“One man with a gun can control 100 without one. ” -Vladamir Lenin, Founder Communist Party USSR ... I hate to quote a commie, but when they ban your gun, you'll know who gave them the idea.

I'm up for just about anything. It could be a social get together, it could be shooting from time to time. I think one of the challenges with doing a lot of group shoots is finding the clubs that allow that many guests at any one time, even if they're paying a few bucks to use the range.

I'm sure shooting sports and what not are not the only common interests a lot of us have and I'm never opposed to making new friends.

Through this forum and another, I've found that I chat with people on forums who are literally my neighbors.

Punisher lives just down the street, walking distance. Another guy on a different forum is walking distance just around the "block."

I think anytime we can get out from behind the computer and interact face to face can't hurt.

I just frequently see the posts about OC Dinners and what not and I was just thinking, we don't always have to meet or get together because of a firearm-focused or carry-style event.

I'm sure a number of you can't stand some of your co-workers, but I'm sure there are others who are good friends with co-workers. I'm self-employed and work from home...that leaves my opportunities for friendships at work to, well, my wife's cats.

A good shooting buddy of mine is moving to Ohio today for about year.

Anyway, there's various sports seasons on the verge of starting up (NFL, college football, NHL, MLB wild card race and playoffs, etc.) and it could be simply going to a place like Damon's at the mall and catching a game and getting a bite to eat or going to some other place that does sports on big screens.

It could be a group shoot. It could be just a get together at a local park that allows cookouts and what not. Bring the family, let the kids play. My wife and I go to Rowland Park in Akron to run/workout and their are picnic tables and charcoal grills there free to use for the public. There are all kinds of playground-type stuff for the kids. I've never played, but there is Frisbee golf there. Also basketball and tennis courts. I see unorganized baseball and kickball games going on there as well.

My wife and I love to go hiking. It could be something like that, bringing our dogs that interact well with other dogs somewhere to swim/run. It literally could be anything and it doesn't have to be the same all the time.

I'm certainly not putting myself in a position to be the ring-leader of these events, so post suggestions or any other thoughts/concerns.
    Last edited by jtkratzer; August 22nd, 2008 at 11:00 AM.

(Lancaster County)

Food, fun, football or gun talk or shootin' and I'm in. I should add I love to BBQ and I'm a chef with a catering company. Anybody else in?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything. -Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

“One man with a gun can control 100 without one. ” -Vladamir Lenin, Founder Communist Party USSR ... I hate to quote a commie, but when they ban your gun, you'll know who gave them the idea.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast