Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default CZ Scorpion Carbine

I saw the new CZ Scorpion Carbine at the LGS today and it's a pretty neat and handy little 9mm carbine priced at 975. there are two models one with a fake suppressor and the other without the fake can, both looked pretty cool but i liked the fake can look better. the rifle weighs almost nothing since it's made with a lot of polymer, comes with 2 20 round magazines, a bore snake, and owners manual. for those not willing to spend 1600 on the SIG MPX the CZ in my opinion is a great alternative and will eventually find its way into my collection. if anyone is interested i saw the CZ at Tanners.

Default Re: CZ Scorpion Carbine

my only gripe is the factory ambi-safety.
    a slow death awaits you,but not before love reminds you that there is good in you

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Stooperzero View Post
    my only gripe is the factory ambi-safety.
    If the internals are the same as the EVO pistol, CZ USA makes a delete kit. It's just a cap for the one side that does not have a lever. About $12.

The carbine looks pretty interesting. $975 comes in about $150 or so below the cost of making an EVO SBR, so it should be a great seller.
    Last edited by esh21167; June 7th, 2016 at 11:05 PM.

(Montgomery County)

I have been looking into this carbine and really like it. However it seems pretty hard to find now. Does anyone know how recently it was released into the market?

(Northampton County)

You can eliminate the right side safety for $12.00 ,I did that on my pistol ,now there are after market parts available as a well. I have one of the riflee coming now as well. I have had a lot of trigger time on the Cz pistol and several AR 9 mm pistols. The Cz trigger is stiff at 10 lbs ,but a clean pull it did not affect my accuracy. I will most likely add an after market trigger to the rifle and I will eliminate the right side safety lever or try one of the new aftermarket. I like the Sig .but like you said the price is steep. I have had a lot of customer's buying the POF and Zenith MP% clones , while they are put together nicely and shoot well they are too heavy, I don't like heavy rifles or short rifles for general use. I would buy the Sig or Cz due to the weight savings. I will be hopefully be shooting the Cz by the end of next week.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I have been looking into this carbine and really like it. However it seems pretty hard to find now. Does anyone know how recently it was released into the market?
    It is recently released, but they're out there
    I found one on GB at a dealer 2.5 hours away. I'm driving up tomorrow to pick it up.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.