Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default After market Glock mags Pmag or ETS?

Im looking to pick up some spare G17 and 19 mags and was wondering if there is any difference between the offerings from Magpul and ETS as far as reliability goes. I typically stick with OEM Glock mags and can usually find them for $19.99 each but after looking today it seems they are all going between $23 and $25.00 each. I figured I would save a few bucks by going the aftermarket route.

Thanks
    Last edited by Hodgie; October 1st, 2016 at 10:23 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: After market Glock mags Pmag or ETS?

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Im looking to pick up some spare G17 and 19 mags and was wondering if there is any difference between the offerings from Magpul and ETS as far as reliability goes. I typically stick with OEM Glock mags and can usually find them for $19.99 each but after looking today it seems they are all going between $23 and $25.00 each. I figured I would save a few bucks by going the aftermarket route.

Thanks
    I have both, no issues so far but they have not been used a lot. I only use them as range mags, buy whatever is cheaper I say.

(Allegheny County)

I've got one p-mag .. and its been just fine.. then again I picked up a number of KCI Korean glock mags on sale for $5.99@ 3 years ago for the range.. Still working ...

(Chester County)

I have tryed both the Korean mags and the PMAGS. Both feed and drop perfectly in my G19 but I had a Korean mag buttplate pop off when dropping a partially loaded mag onto a concrete floor - sprayed rounds, spring and follower everywhere. Embaressing.

The Korean mags seem grittier and the springs seem stronger - it is often a bitch to get that last round or two in. Edges are sharper, less clean, and the entire mag just doesn't seem as good as PMAG.

Last show at OAKS I picked up PMAGS for both G19 and G17 for $10 each when I bought 3 of each of them. Koreans you can negotiate down to $25 or so for 3.

Personally I will stick with PMAGS from now on. If the panic has not set in yet and they are still in the $10-$11 range I will probably pick up more PMAGS for the glock and AR. (Gen 2 were also available for $10 each - $12 with the window).

Quote Originally Posted by mbinpa View Post
    I have tryed both the Korean mags and the PMAGS. Both feed and drop perfectly in my G19 but I had a Korean mag buttplate pop off when dropping a partially loaded mag onto a concrete floor - sprayed rounds, spring and follower everywhere. Embaressing.

The Korean mags seem grittier and the springs seem stronger - it is often a bitch to get that last round or two in. Edges are sharper, less clean, and the entire mag just doesn't seem as good as PMAG.

Last show at OAKS I picked up PMAGS for both G19 and G17 for $10 each when I bought 3 of each of them. Koreans you can negotiate down to $25 or so for 3.

Personally I will stick with PMAGS from now on. If the panic has not set in yet and they are still in the $10-$11 range I will probably pick up more PMAGS for the glock and AR. (Gen 2 were also available for $10 each - $12 with the window).

Wow at that price you cannot pass them up. Right now the best I can find online is $15.15 each for 17/19 mags with free shipping.

(Armstrong County)

I'm a big spender. I get OEM glock mags. I don't have 10+ mags for any of my pistols. An extra $5 per mag isn't that big of a savings.... And I would rather not risk reliability for $5.

Quote Originally Posted by danhr View Post
    I'm a big spender. I get OEM glock mags. I don't have 10+ mags for any of my pistols. An extra $5 per mag isn't that big of a savings.... And I would rather not risk reliability for $5.

If you complete you need them especially when there is a 10 round limit per mag and in the event the next POTUS makes another mag limit into law then you may wish you had 10+ since mags are considered to be disposable over time. That being said I separate my mags between self defense/SHTF and range/competition. Right now the price difference is almost $10.00 plus which adds up quickly.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by danhr View Post
    I use them for range mags, work good for that. As for OEM mags, I'm well stocked with about 50 for
    my G17's, got most of them years ago for 15.00 each.

(Lancaster County)

It's irrelevant to this thread but yesterday I was looking through the parts box at Kinseys Outdoors and they had four model 19 KCI magazines, used for 19.99 each. What a joke. I'm assuming they don't even know that they're not factory.
    Last edited by bripro; October 3rd, 2016 at 05:47 PM.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    It's a relevant to this thread but yesterday I was looking through the parts box at Kinseys Outdoors and they had four model 19 KCI magazines, used for 19.99 each. What a joke. I'm assuming they don't even know that they're not factory.
    I have seen a few small hole in the wall local shops have the old style non metal lined KCI 31 round mags listed at $50.00 each. Two were there so long they had a nice layer of dust on them and I bet if I went there now they will be still sitting there a year later.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast