Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fingerprints

(Berks County)

Default Fingerprints

I need to get fingerprints done for a new job, anybody have any knowledge of police or other agencies that do this in the Reading area? Fees, etc?
    Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

(Pike County)

Default Re: Fingerprints

Quote Originally Posted by snuffy19608 View Post
    I need to get fingerprints done for a new job, anybody have any knowledge of police or other agencies that do this in the Reading area? Fees, etc?
    Check the UPS Stores, some do fingerprinting.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShevyII View Post
    Check the UPS Stores, some do fingerprinting.
    This^^^^^^ had to have mine done to work in the schools while helping a friend.

(Bucks County)

(Berks County)

AWESOME!! Tks to everybody.

(Wayne County)

Son has to for Boy Scouts. Scanning at UPS, but first, had to go online and fill out the "paper work", print out a confirmation, and pay online.
    We went, paper said bring this paper with you...no problem. They proceeded to request more info: DL, kid is not driving age, okay, birth cert, pic ID and SS card...
    IT'S 40 MINUTES AWAY, AND NONE OF THIS WAS ON THE WEBSITE!!! Just an FYI, HAVE LOTS OF ID, ETC. WITH YOU. We have to go back.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by snuffy19608 View Post
    What they didn't tell you where to go? Any employment things like that and drug tests should be covered by them. What's there requirement? If they want something like that I would think they give you exact directions.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
    Son has to for Boy Scouts. Scanning at UPS, but first, had to go online and fill out the "paper work", print out a confirmation, and pay online.
    We went, paper said bring this paper with you...no problem. They proceeded to request more info: DL, kid is not driving age, okay, birth cert, pic ID and SS card...
    IT'S 40 MINUTES AWAY, AND NONE OF THIS WAS ON THE WEBSITE!!! Just an FYI, HAVE LOTS OF ID, ETC. WITH YOU. We have to go back.
    So you need to be finger printed to join the Boy Scouts?! I mean I guess I can understand if you are an adult looking for work and are being employed as an organization but the kids themselves?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    What they didn't tell you where to go? Any employment things like that and drug tests should be covered by them. What's there requirement? If they want something like that I would think they give you exact directions.
    "THEY" are a nationwide company out of Texas, and the girl I'm dealing with down there is just parroting what it says in her book, or on her computer. She did say I need to pay for it, and they will reimburse. I can understand that, this is a good job but they don't get a lot of people who follow through, better to pay after than set it up and not have any results.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kabloosh View Post
    So you need to be finger printed to join the Boy Scouts?! I mean I guess I can understand if you are an adult looking for work and are being employed as an organization but the kids themselves?
    No, he is going to be a councilor in training (CIT). Requires state police background checks, child abuse checks and FBI fingerprints.

Granted, we've done two out of country adoptions, and had to go to Philly for fingerprints...twice, each...me and wife...makes the 40 minute drive each way seem trivial (not to mention the other paperwork and microscopes up your life... accepted it as it was to "make sure we were a safe haven for the kids"...Now,one is 1st class and the youngest is Scout. Both want to EARN Eagle. I spent 6 years as a leader...being just a dad is soooooo nice now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast