Quote Originally Posted by LTCcarrier View Post
As a nonresident that has to shop for a County that issues LTCF maybe if PICS is gone there will be no excuse for the Sheriffs to say no issue to nonresidents. We issue to nonresidents here in FL. No reason some PA sheriffs should be able to not issue to nonresidents. But quite frankly national reciprocity would be the answer.
I don't know your position on the issue, I'm about to mention, but in general, I find it tremendously ironic, when the very same people, that advocate for national reciprocity oppose said national reciprocity for gay marriage (and vice versa).

On the side note, remember, government can take any right (read - privilege) as easy as they grant it. And that's aside from zillion new requirements, that they might easily force upon "participating" states. So imagine, feds will make it mandatory to have training, registration etc in order for states' license to be recognized. Next move - national reciprocity is over with the next administration, but I bet the new state licensing requirements will remain.