Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Nesquehoning police issue warrant for accused gun thief

A felony warrant has been issued for a Carbon County man who is accused of stealing firearms from his landlord.

Leonard Rehatchek III, 27, of Nesquehoning, faces charges of theft by unlawful taking or disposition and receiving stolen property.

According to the affidavit of probable cause filed by Nesquehoning Borough Police Chief Sean Smith:

At 9:28 a.m. Jan. 9, Smith was dispatched to call Bruce Nalesnik, the landlord of 334 E. Catawissa St., Apt. 4.

Nalesnik said he rents the apartment to Rehatchek and a woman.

Nalesnik said he had two World War II style rifles in his gun cabinet in the basement that were stolen by Rehatchek. The rifles wereworth about $500 each.

Nalesnik said that the woman toldhim she kicked Rehatchek out of the apartment because of his drug use and that she has been staying there with her infant daughter by herself.

The woman also told Smith that at around 5 p.m. on Jan. 7, Rehatchek arrived at her residence to visit their daughter.

They played with their daughter until about 7 p.m., when she took her daughter upstairs to give her a bath.

Rehatchek said he was going outsideto smoke a cigarette and make a phone call and that he would be up to help.

After a few minutes passed, she said she knew something was wrong. She took the baby out of the tub and went downstairs.

She said she saw Rehatchek walking upstairs from the basement with two rifles wrapped in his hoodie.

She took the guns away from Rehatchek and told him he cannot take them and that she will call the landlord and he will call the police.

She said that the baby started crying and as she went to pick her up, Rehatchek quickly grabbed the rifles and ran outside.

She said that she called Rehatchek and insisted that he return the stolen rifles. He told her he would bring them back by 10 p.m. but never returned them.

Following the interview, Smith went to Rehatchek’s residence on Stock Street. His motherinvited Smith into the residence and then went upstairs to wake up her son.

When Rehatchek came downstairs, Smith advised him of his Miranda Rights.

Rehatchek said he understood his rights and waived them, never making eye contact with Smith, as he kept looking down at the floor.

Smith toldRehatchek to give him the stolen rifles.Rehatchek said, “The guns are not here. I have to make a phone call.”

Smith then asked Rehatchek who he sold the guns to, but he would not answer him, so he told Rehatchek to call the person so that Smith could get the rifles back.

Rehatchekwas on the phone for about five minutes, and then told Smith he did not steal anything.

Rehatchek said that he called and was on the phone with his girlfriend.

Rehatchek agreed to go to the station to make a statement.

Later that day, Smith confronted Rehatchek’s girlfriend about being on the phone with Rehatchek.

The girlfriend saidRehatchekwas lying.

She then gave Smith consent to look at her call history, which proved there was no call from Rehatchek.

Rehatchek never arrived at the police station to give a written statement.

Anyone with information on Rehatchek’s whereabouts is asked to call borough police at 570-669-9111.

http://www.tnonline.com/2016/mar/18/...used-gun-thief
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Elk County)

Default Re: Nesquehoning police issue warrant for accused gun thief

Looks like a frequent flyer . . .

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Lancaster County)

Nobody hates you Leonard

(Dauphin County)

OK, I thought we weren't supposed to post photos of white criminals. Did something change?
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    OK, I thought we weren't supposed to post photos of white criminals. Did something change?
    I'm really liking this one right now...The inmate who tried to kill the guy who shot up the movie theater where The Dark Knight was playing.540d9eacba2b34e82b7ee19597f28734.600x.jpg

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    I'm really liking this one right now...The inmate who tried to kill the guy who shot up the movie theater where The Dark Knight was playing.540d9eacba2b34e82b7ee19597f28734.600x.jpg
    Dude, this is such a dilemma. Bad white guy serves justice in a criminal manner. What are we supposed to believe? Do we praise the guy, or do we condemn him. On top of that, the guy he attacked was white, too. Aggies is gonna be pissed.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Elk County)

With some makeup, he'd make a great Klingon in an upcoming Star Trek reboot . . .

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Lackawanna County)

Don't forget the one who thumped on the subway pedo I'm on mobile now.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    Dude, this is such a dilemma. Bad white guy serves justice in a criminal manner. What are we supposed to believe? Do we praise the guy, or do we condemn him. On top of that, the guy he attacked was white, too. Aggies is gonna be pissed.
    He's a hero lol....It seems the guy is a car thief,well,at least he's no rapist or murderer...though he may be looking at assault or attempted murder charges now.
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    Don't forget the one who thumped on the subway pedo I'm on mobile now.
    I wasn't sure what that guy's race was but good for him too.

(Juniata County)

He's a hero lol....It seems the guy is a car thief,well,at least he's no rapist or murderer...though he may be looking at assault or attempted murder charges now.

I wasn't sure what that guy's race was but good for him too.

Would would a car thief, with no violent history suddenly become violent. Obviously the other man, white a history of violance attacked him, and he only defended himself.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast