Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: State Game Land #300 - Archbald-> Rifle ranges fenced off and posted

I took a ride up yesterday. There were shooters on rifle, pistol and claybird ranges. There were still some closed signs tacked up. But all construction equipment was gone. BIG improvements.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: State Game Land #300 - Archbald-> Rifle ranges fenced off and posted

Was there on Thursday, all areas except clays are covered, one side of the pistol the short side yet to be finished. One thing that I took notice to is the framing for the short pistol is made from steel, hopefully wood will mount to this otherwise look out for ricochetes. It would be nice if they installed a camera to cut down on vandals and to keep order. Very impressed overall!

(Lackawanna County)

Was going to stop by this afternoon on my way back from Tobyhanna but the black/green sky told me to get home.

(Lackawanna County)

Waiting with bated breath!
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
    Stopped by to checkout the progress. Long range rifle needing pads poured and benches mounted. Medium rifle side has roof, pads poured and most of the benches, pistol side hasn't seen to much work as of yet.

Wow, we must be the bastard stepkids here in Erie County. Our rifle range has 2 boards at 25 yards, one at 50, and one at 100. 4 double sided plywood benches that haven't been replaced in at least 10 years. And no roof! I wonder who is pocketing the money up here. The general fund?

Oh, no shotguns allowed, anywhere.

(Wayne County)

Anyone take their youngin(s) to the annual shoot held by Frank Farina (prior by his predecessor)? This will be our third year there, so if anyone going would be nice to put faces to names.
    Last year our youngest took 1st place 10 y.o. scope and our oldest took 2nd in 11-13 open sights.
    Youngest also won a Marlin XT-22

(Wayne County)

(Lackawanna County)

Well it is mid Aug. and I haven't seen anyone post about Archibald range yet. I believe it has been open since the beginning of the month. I have used it several times now, and I'm impressed what a nice job the Game commission did on the place. Signs all over the place on how to keep it clean but still dumb jerks using different areas as they like and not picking up after themselves. Last time on the 200 yard there were shotgun shells all over and a smashed watermelon on the range. All I can say is keep it up boys and you will see this one closed down in the future. Hope the State Police would take my advice and pass through the parking lot once and awhile surprised how law abiding some people get when they see an officer.

(Wayne County)

Will be there tomorrow with kiddos for the youth shoot. Was great last time I was there, looking forward to seeing the improvements.

(Wayne County)

Really looks good!

Back from the youth shoot. Oldest took 2nd place in 14-16 year old (iron sights) and also won a bucket stool and a Gander Mtn. gift card as a door prize.
    Youngest didn't place in 11-13 year olds (also open sights...he's going back to scope next year he says...he took 1st place last year), and as door prize/raffle he got a Gander Mtn. sleeping bag and, for the second year in a row, he scored a rifle...last year a Marlin XT-22, this year a really sweet Ruger 10/22 with picatinny rail and what looks like an M1 carbine stock. I have to go into town Monday to pick it up and dp the papers.

Oldest was bummed he didn't win a rifle, but is proud of EARNING a trophy.

Buddy's kid didn't place in the 14-16 y.o. division, but did get a Gander Mtn sling and safety glasses, and an 8.5' kayak.

25 guns were raffled off...every kid that was at the shoot got 1 ticket. You could not buy more. 1st was the "smaller" door prizes, and once name pulled, was kept out until the guns came up, and then they went back in the bucket.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast