Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Looking to join a range in or near ChesCo

Quote Originally Posted by c.sander View Post
    sounds like what im looking for.... aside from the not being able to bring someone as a guest every once in awhile... do you need a sponsor? or just show up at a meeting? is there a time i could see the grounds in person or do i have to be a member first? thanks
    chris
    Quote Originally Posted by knighthawk06699 View Post
    Yes do tell as i am rather interested myself.
    No sponsor needed. Just fill out application and send with $45 (35+10). Dues are for calendar year - not pro rated so if you join now you only get 4 months but for $35 its still cheap. Your membership would then be voted on at next mtg. I don't think you have to attend to get membership. You can check with Bob Groff 610-273-7093 since I believe he handles all new membership.

The range has a locked gate. If you want to see the ranges contact Bob first. If he OKs it you can park beside the gate and walk down the paved road (about 1/2 mile) to the ranges or show up at mtg (see dates on website). PM sent to both of you.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Looking to join a range in or near ChesCo

Not too far off of Rte 100 west on 23 there's the Elverson Rod and Gun Club. From D'town it might easier going up 322 to 82 to 23.

http://www.elversonrodandgunclub.com/

I don't know much about them, but I stopped by on a warm sunny Sunday and the range was empty. They had a couple trap houses and a manual clay shooter you can load and pull yourself, a two man bench for 200, 100, and 50 yard target shooting, and an outdoor handgun range. I don't think they have an indoor range, but they have a club house and a covered pavillion.

What I do know is they have a limit on the number of members allowed, but the web site usually says when they're accepting new members. Dues are cheap, and when you join you get a key to the gate so it's a help yourself kind of place. The rules are posted on the web site so I won't repeat them here other than to say you are allowed a guest.

I've been meaning to join for a while, but have sent a couple emails and left a couple voice messages that haven't been returned, and I haven't followed up.
    You are a straight white man. You don't get to be the victim, sweetie.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12