Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: HSA Steel Challenge

hopefully soon
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Berks County)

Scores are posted!

Here is the link to the scores page.
    http://encks.squarespace.com/shooting-scores

I did not talk to Fran personally, but my understanding is the delay was due to the format of the new Enck's Gun Barn website. I'm extremely glad they kept the scores page on the new site.

Shane
    Last edited by tripleS; September 2nd, 2016 at 07:55 PM.

(Chester County)

Looking forward to next weekend, can someone clarify exactly what is expected/allowed for gear? I was told to bring a pistol and a rifle, not sure if full power centerfire rifle (AR) is ok? I don't have any rimfire semi-autos but don't mind wasting some 9mm through a pistol.

I'm good on pistol mags and pouches, but are rifle mag pouches needed?

(Monroe County)

No full power rifles. Just pistol cal 9mm/.40 or .22. You can do pistol twice. Load 10 rds max. You don't need much in gear or pouches. They have a bench at each shooting station so a range bag will work.
    Here's my son shooting last month. We have a scout trip this weekend or we would be back.

Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteMotors View Post
    Looking forward to next weekend, can someone clarify exactly what is expected/allowed for gear? I was told to bring a pistol and a rifle, not sure if full power centerfire rifle (AR) is ok? I don't have any rimfire semi-autos but don't mind wasting some 9mm through a pistol.

I'm good on pistol mags and pouches, but are rifle mag pouches needed?

You may use a pistol caliber carbine, no 5.56 or 223! If you choose to you can shoot a second pistol in place of a rifle.
    You do not need a holster or Mag pouches. If you have 3 magazines per firearm you will be fine.

If you decide to shoot the same pistol twice (IE pistol 1, pistol 2) 6 magazines would be helpful.

Each stage is shot 3 times with each firearm and the best time is used for the match score. You will load 10 rounds in the firearm and point at a designated area (think low ready) and at the buzzer you will engage the 4 white plates then the red stop plate. The pistol and rifle may or may not be shot from the same shooting positions, depending on the stage layout. If you are shooting 2 handguns they can both be shot from the designated handgun position, unless you choose to shoot from the rifle position.:

The most that is needed is 150 rounds per firearm, if you would go 1 for 1 on the targets only 75 rounds is needed.

(Chester County)

I had a great time today, thanks for your guidance. Shot my little carry g19 better than my "competition" g34!

-Jake

Last edited by InfiniteMotors; September 25th, 2016 at 09:45 PM.

(Monroe County)

NICE

(Chester County)

No pics or comments about October? I wasn't available unfortunately but do they have any cold month make up events or anything planned?

(Berks County)

October was the last steel challenge for this year. They will start back up in April.
    We only have 1 event left for 2016 and that's the 100 bird trap turkey shoot this Sunday November 6th. So if you have a shotgun come out and join us Sunday.

Shane

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123