Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default 45 days has come and gone.

So, my mom has been patiently waiting for her LTCF for a whle now. Finally, she called Butler a week ago to see if there was a problem. They had mis-filed the license and it was actually aproved 2 weeks earlier. The lady was full of apologies and promised it was to be sent out immediately. This was Monday. It does not take a full week for a letter to be sent within a county.

We have to wat until tomorrow to call and see what happened, but it has been well past the 45 days. What are our recourses if they sent it and it never arrived? Should we keep waiting. drive up and have them print one out (if they will do that) or are there legal recourses we can take for them not issueing the license in the legally mandated time frame. This is all becoming a pain in the ass. Where do we go from here?

Default Re: 45 days has come and gone.

Call em up, keep hassling them. Is she going to OC the pimpin K?
    "See, this side is well roasted; turn me on the other and eat." St. Lawrence

(Butler County)

They can print them immediately if you are there. At least they printed and handed me mine, while I waited, when I renewed mine in June. I know they don't hand them out while you wait for new LTCF applications, but since she is approved already, I don't see why they couldn't print it on the spot.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by jsb889 View Post
    Call em up, keep hassling them. Is she going to OC the pimpin K?
    She sure as hell dosn't care about printing. She dosn't want a IWB holster. It's a bitch finding a good holster for it though. We ordered a decent paddle holster, and it dosn't fit. Even though we measured. I think I may need to PM lucas and see if we can get something made.

Do they make a batsignal with a picture of a horse on it? Maybe a drunk cowgirl would get his attention more.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by bellae View Post
    They can print them immediately if you are there. At least they printed and handed me mine, while I waited, when I renewed mine in June. I know they don't hand them out while you wait for new LTCF applications, but since she is approved already, I don't see why they couldn't print it on the spot.
    If it's not here tomorrow then we gotta make the drive. I know butler aren't dickheads about it like other counties, but this is all a big hassle. I got mine in a little over 2 weeks.

I'm just wondering if they actually mailed it, or if it's in a dead letter bin somewhere.

(Franklin County)

If she's already been photographed, there should be no reason she has to go back to the office. They can generate a new one and sent it, just like they did (or were supposed to do) the first time.

Their problem = their burden to correct.

As far as legal action, an appeal is out, since she wasn't denied. A writ of mandamus would force the office to take action, but the problem would likely be resolved satisfactorily long before she got before a judge, and every minute of an attorney's time costs $$$. Persistence and a telephone should be all you need to get things straight.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Butler County)

We just want the damn license. We don't to take them to court, we just want the card in hand. At this point if it's not in the mailbox tomorrow then it's worth a 10 minute drive to get the damn thing.

Butler is known for making the process smooth and easy. They f**ked up this time. I'll let you guys know if it gets here tomorrow. if not they're getting a nasty phone call and we're going to settle this.

(Butler County)

On the plus side the gun is running like a champ. We got it in fine fighting form. Pitty the fool who tries anything around here. It's accurate as hell, and we fitted it with an Insight X2 compact weapons light. Soon we'll have the +3 followers for a 14 round capacity.

Pitty the fool.

P-11bringitSHOOTER

(Allegheny County)

This isn't the time or place for a caliber war, but i saw my mom put 10 rounds in a fist size group at fifteen yards shooting like lightning.
    I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that....

JOEi'msodamnproudofherSMITH

(and I miss my tactical light)

ETA: We went to attach the light and show her how it worked only to find the accessory rail filled with gemstones. We had to decide between fashion and tactical-bility. The gems looked cool though...
    Last edited by Atomic Dog; August 17th, 2008 at 11:43 PM.

(Butler County)

Subchapter A. Uniform Firearms Act
    § 6109. Licenses
    (a) Purpose of license.--A license to carry a firearm shall be for the purpose of carrying a firearm concealed on or about one's person or in a vehicle throughout this Commonwealth.
    (b) Place of application.--An individual who is 21 years of age or older may apply to a sheriff for a license to carry a firearm concealed on or about his person or in a vehicle within this Commonwealth. If the applicant is a resident of this Commonwealth, he shall make application with the sheriff of the county in which he resides or, if a resident of a city of the first class, with the chief of police of that city.

So this is why I didn't get my LTCF

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast