Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (York County)

Default Re: NYS and FOPA.......carry in Maine

I had no idea NYS didn't "follow" FOPA, so how is STATE allowed to legally ignore a FEDERAL transport law???

(York County)

I was in Maine last fall and I got to see the fancy new destroyer get launched at B.I.W. Constitutional carry applies to residents and visitors alike.

As noted above, watch your speed through NY. I saw a snapper head every few miles east of the Hudson River along I-84. My guess is If you look like a regular guy in an average car and remain civil, they don't care about firearms, just the cash from the ticket to the state coffers, but don't take any chances!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Allegheny County)

I drive back and forth from Pittsburgh to Maine every month to see my kids (11 hours) . I take 84 from Port Jervis through Ct and then into Mass. I always keep any firearm I have in a locked case separate from any ammo and in the trunk. While I do see a fair amount of State Troopers in all three states nothing out of the ordinary but more than I see on the Pennsylvania side of 84 which is pretty sparsely populated.
    Yond Cassius has a lean and hungry look; He thinks too much, such men are dangerous

(York County)

I've also traveled to Maine several times. I go up to Scranton and take 84 across to CT, then up the Mass Pike and into NH. I lock the gun in my nano vault before I cross the Delaware, and arm up again in the parking lot of a NH liquor store. (covertly, of course) Sometimes I get liquor too. I love New Hampshire. It's the first "real" state you get to after leaving PA.

I usually avoid peak travel times, so I don't see a lot of troopers, but cruise control is your friend. There are allegedly ways to get licenses in either MA or CT, but I don't travel through frequently enough to make it worth the time or money. Interestingly, on my last trip up there I stopped at the Cabela's in MA right off exit 26. They had an impressive selection of handguns, which I found odd for such an anti state. All I needed was some winter gear though, March in Maine can be (and was) chilly and snowy.

(Northampton County)

It certainly can be. I've been going up there for over 40 years, but last time I went I went alone. And I put on some radio station that gave PSAs every 15 minutes about ice fishing safety, moose dangers, and what to do if stranded in the wilderness. A large portion of the state is unincorporated.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by cham09 View Post
    I had no idea NYS didn't "follow" FOPA, so how is STATE allowed to legally ignore a FEDERAL transport law???
    FOPA is an exemption, as in a defense to a statutory offense, which means you have to be arrested.

I've done 70 mph on 90 (posted 65), and troopers pass me. Never pulled over in NYS, or any state that I did not reside in at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatCrazyMtnGuy View Post
    I love New Hampshire. It's the first "real" state you get to after leaving PA.
    What about Vermont?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12