Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Oaks Returns May 21&22, 2016

I'll say it sure felt good, I spent 200 bucks on odds and ends and everything was American made.. that's how it used to be when you would walk into a store on the avenue too buy stuff.....A couple even made in the state....

Everything, when does that happen anymore!
    If You Need A Color In The Name Of Your Cause, You're The "RACIST" !

(Montgomery County)

This was a good show. I found and bought several items at good prices. The only purchase that I wish I had not made is an IWB holster from Bullseye. I have a large pile of holsters that I do not use but this one is going straight into the trash. A waste of $50 for sure. Its so flimsy that it is impossible to holster or reholster the gun when wearing the holster with slight pressure from the belt. Also I wore it last night for a couple of hours and I had to keep adjusting it because it kept on sliding around, it has a single clip. Extremely poor design and quality. Live and learn I guess. Other then that I bought 10 Mpul mags for $100, a magpul ACS stock for $70 and a couple other AR 15 related items at similar savings. Nothing crazy but still good.
    E FLUCTIBUS IRRUIT IN HOSTEM. AECIDAE TELO IACET LIBATIS.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by comsubin61 View Post
    This was a good show. I found and bought several items at good prices. The only purchase that I wish I had not made is an IWB holster from Bullseye. I have a large pile of holsters that I do not use but this one is going straight into the trash. A waste of $50 for sure. Its so flimsy that it is impossible to holster or reholster the gun when wearing the holster with slight pressure from the belt. Also I wore it last night for a couple of hours and I had to keep adjusting it because it kept on sliding around, it has a single clip. Extremely poor design and quality. Live and learn I guess. Other then that I bought 10 Mpul mags for $100, a magpul ACS stock for $70 and a couple other AR 15 related items at similar savings. Nothing crazy but still good.
    Not Oaks related, but IWB holster related.... I just received my horsehide hybrid IWB holster from Foxx Holsters last week. I bought this holster for my S&W Shield. I don't know if it is the holster or the Shield or (most likely) both items, but I really enjoy carrying my Shield in this holster. I typically hate IWB carry and VERY rarely do it. The horsehide hybrid IWB from Foxx Holsters is very thin, flexible, and comfortable. I've only had my holster for about one (1) week, but it feels great. Every time I put it on, within 5 minutes it feels like a holster I have owned and worn for years. The horsehide leather is great material and also repels sweat better than cowhide. I highly recommend that model.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    Not Oaks related, but IWB holster related.... I just received my horsehide hybrid IWB holster from Foxx Holsters last week. I bought this holster for my S&W Shield. I don't know if it is the holster or the Shield or (most likely) both items, but I really enjoy carrying my Shield in this holster. I typically hate IWB carry and VERY rarely do it. The horsehide hybrid IWB from Foxx Holsters is very thin, flexible, and comfortable. I've only had my holster for about one (1) week, but it feels great. Every time I put it on, within 5 minutes it feels like a holster I have owned and worn for years. The horsehide leather is great material and also repels sweat better than cowhide. I highly recommend that model.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will look into it.
    E FLUCTIBUS IRRUIT IN HOSTEM. AECIDAE TELO IACET LIBATIS.

(Montgomery County)

Great show. Cheaper than a movie and more entertaining. Not sure why people complain every single year about non-gun stuff, there was plenty of gun items to keep everyone busy.

Got a $59 Anderson lower from a Auger Precision.

Got a Magpul CTR stock (edited because I just checked and it's actually an ACS stock), a Magpul MOE rifle stock and 2 mid-length Magpul MOE hand guards (one stock/handguard set in unobtanium-foliage green) for $80 total from another vendor.

Enjoyed looking at the M-Tech knives almost as much as looking at the Case, Victorinox and Opinel displays.

Enjoyed looking at the Hillary for Prison 2016 t-shirts as much as the gun coating services. Some people take entertainment too seriously.
    Last edited by PA_PB&J; May 27th, 2016 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Corrected details on items purchased.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789