Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Super Secret Facility in Altoona.

Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    I remember the drive inn ... but not this place.
    as a kid I got screwed!!!
    The drive in theater out near Logan Valley mall and the bowling alley? How about Lakemont Park?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    The drive in theater out near Logan Valley mall and the bowling alley? How about Lakemont Park?
    I forget when the drive inn went away but I remember going and seeing it.
    They still have bowling there and some nights seems to do a good business ...... leagues maybe?
    Lakemont is supposed to re-open this year ................... as a kid we went to Blands park mostly.

(Blair County)

Alaskaland - Altoona
    I remember it well. Was just down over the hill from where I grew up. If you had a birthday party there, you were "hot shit". I went there a few times, but don't remember a party
    for me! Enjoy the links below:

https://www.google.com/search?q=alas...=firefox-b-1-e

Quote Originally Posted by scoutjoe View Post
    As of two weeks ago, there is still ample selections of nuts and bolts by the pound. All sorts of other odds and ends
    need a bunch of M16A1 200m zeroing targets?
    I went there today just for those ....... I like to turn them around and use for distant target backing , etc .......... anyhow.... they were all gone.
    Only 500 count boxes of Army small bore targets sold by the case "500" for $20.
    I have no use for those.

(Berks County)

Super secret facility in Altoona revealed.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Super secret facility in Altoona revealed.
    So how's the food?

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    So how's the food?
    Yeah ............... not sure I'd be in for that.
    I do not understand the attraction to these places , I just don't.
    Years back I volunteered to shuttle drunks back and fourth from there ........... simply to mess with the drunks a bit.
    Sure that was fun.
    Had to go in a time or 2 to help drag a fella' out ............... but wan't impressed.
    Many years ago when it was the "Palace" ... a few of us went out for drinks and one guy just had to go there ... would not shut up about it.
    So , we went.
    Check this out , we had to PAY TO GET IN THE DOOR! .............. bad sign #1
    Bad sign #2 ......... the bottled beer was the most expensive I have ever had ............. it was just Bud Lite "don't judge me"
    Bad sign #3 was the pushy waitress who kept trying to unload more beer on me before I even finished 1/3 of my current beer.
    Bad sign #4 .. some hootchie momma' expected me to give her money ........... simply because she had breasts.
    Now , I've seen breasts ..plenty of times... for free.
    They weren't just invented and a lot of people have them ........... I've even seen breasts I wish that I hadn't.
    If you want me to give you money ........... you'll need to come home with me and do something ................
    Maybe mow my lawn .......... paint the house ................ cut firewood ..................... that sort of thing.
    And then maybe I will give you some $$$ ............... but certainly not because you have breasts.
    The way I figure it is ............. I paid just to get into this dump .............. I paid a lot for my beer ............... I think that entitles me to drink it in peace.
    But that's just my opinion.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    Yeah ............... not sure I'd be in for that.
    I do not understand the attraction to these places , I just don't.
    Years back I volunteered to shuttle drunks back and fourth from there ........... simply to mess with the drunks a bit.
    Sure that was fun.
    Had to go in a time or 2 to help drag a fella' out ............... but wan't impressed.
    Many years ago when it was the "Palace" ... a few of us went out for drinks and one guy just had to go there ... would not shut up about it.
    So , we went.
    Check this out , we had to PAY TO GET IN THE DOOR! .............. bad sign #1
    Bad sign #2 ......... the bottled beer was the most expensive I have ever had ............. it was just Bud Lite "don't judge me"
    Bad sign #3 was the pushy waitress who kept trying to unload more beer on me before I even finished 1/3 of my current beer.
    Bad sign #4 .. some hootchie momma' expected me to give her money ........... simply because she had breasts.
    Now , I've seen breasts ..plenty of times... for free.
    They weren't just invented and a lot of people have them ........... I've even seen breasts I wish that I hadn't.
    If you want me to give you money ........... you'll need to come home with me and do something ................
    Maybe mow my lawn .......... paint the house ................ cut firewood ..................... that sort of thing.
    And then maybe I will give you some $$$ ............... but certainly not because you have breasts.
    The way I figure it is ............. I paid just to get into this dump .............. I paid a lot for my beer ............... I think that entitles me to drink it in peace.
    But that's just my opinion.
    And I bought "Playboy" for the articles.
    You are a straight white man. You don't get to be the victim, sweetie.

Quote Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
    And I bought "Playboy" for the articles.
    Sorry I just don't get it.
    When I was in the service , there were guys flat azz broke 2 days after pay ........... cause they spent it all in these places.
    They'd spend the next 2 weeks walking around bumming smokes and money for sodas .....
    I use to carry 2 packs of smokes .... the one for me that I liked and one for the mouchers "menthol generics"................and believe me , entitlement was alive and well back then too.

(Berks County)

Dancing joints never really worked for me though I've been to a few with my amigos. Wouldn't eat in a place like that and got more jollies out of watching the other guys go google over the shitshow than I did the women dancing. If one goes to Anchorage they have to go to the Great Alaskan Bush Company, it's unwritten law. DUI laws up there are pretty stiff and I hear tale that they can confiscate your car so there's a taxi line out front that rivals the one at the airport. I don't know why they were there but there were a noticeable number of Japanese there and they all had their women with them. I might go there again if I get up that way.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast