Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Default Re: Monroe County & the Sheriff mandated that I needed 2 personal references

Quote Originally Posted by Kjwill888 View Post
    I did mean to move, renting now in Monroe, but in the process of looking to buy a house in Marshalls Creek area, but I can redirect my search as long as I can still commute to NJ
    You could live in eastern Carbon County and still commute to NJ, but the Carbon sheriff has the same pickiness with the references issue. However, I am pretty sure that the Carbon sheriff did not check my references last time, but I'm sure that's his call to do is he so chooses.
    ...and they have a plan...

(Tioga County)

Default Re: Monroe County & the Sheriff mandated that I needed 2 personal references

Quote Originally Posted by SigForLife View Post
    Thanks for the link. I'm well aware of it, as I litigated it

Get after the Tioga County sheriff. He insists on calling references.
    MikeP

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser2447 View Post
    Hello ladies & gents, just registered w/ the forum so this is first post here.

I spent the last 3 days reading the entire "Where you CAN and CANNOT carry" sticky thread; overall, great info & wonderful way to spend some downtime when bored at work. Thanks to all who put it together & contributed to it.

I recently received my LTCF through Monroe County & the Sheriff mandated that I needed 2 personal references who also were residents of Monroe County. I know the issue of references was brought up a while ago, but could I have conceivably listed references who aren't Monroe County residents and my background check still be conducted? Long story short, does the state law for conducting background checks for LTCF approval overrule any rules & regulations that the individual county sheriff may try to enforce?

Thoughts?
    Westmoreland country does the same thing. I just found two decent people. I don't remember if they got called or not.

(Bucks County)

Phone book. If they say they don't know you, turn 'em in to DHS's no-fly list maestros.

Its been 2 years since the last post.

I have lived in Monroe for the past 17 years and retired in Monroe (Brodheadsville}

I was thinking of getting a Gun or Riffle or both in case if China hits our power grid.And getting people from Tobyhanna
    looking to rob us lol
    We might be out of Water,Getting Gas for our cars and food and No electric for months so feel like its best to get a gun
    if ever needed and keep it under my bed.
    I have read that you DON'T need 2 references anymore because its unconstitutional?
    Just wonder since the last Post 2 years ago have Monroe changed the application for the References?
    Its annoying having to ask 2 friends having to answer questions about me since the only thing I have done lately
    was getting a speeding ticket 4 months ago for going 5mph over the speed limit.
    Thanks alllllll.JT

I just renewed in Monroe. The State form still requires two references. Mine were from Monroe but on other threads it has been reported that this is no longer required. Don't forget the zombie apocalypse as a reason for getting tour LTCF.

As stated above you need two references but they are no longer required to be residents of the county which is the real PITA. The reference is a requirement of the state not the county or sheriff.

All that is required now is a copy of your valid PA DL or photo ID. You no longer need to bring your local Berkheimer tax forms or divulge if you are disabled.
    Last edited by Hodgie; September 14th, 2018 at 07:27 PM.

Thanks alllll…..JT

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345