Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Monroe County & the Sheriff mandated that I needed 2 personal references

I'm renewing my Philly permit and on their web page; they say the requirement has been tossed due to a lawsuit. Https://www.phillypolice.com/forms.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Monroe County & the Sheriff mandated that I needed 2 personal references

Don't move yet. If Todd keeps placing his foot in his mouth like he recently did, we will be a more 2A friendly County.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    Pike asks for references. They must fill it out themselves. That's the only bullshit.
    Do you need references for renewals?
    I'm a Rep Virgin

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Square Bag View Post
    Do you need references for renewals?
    Not in Indiana County. If you've already put them on the application, the clerk will cover them with white-out fluid.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tootie View Post
    Don't move yet. If Todd keeps placing his foot in his mouth like he recently did, we will be a more 2A friendly County.
    I was planning on moving August/September, I am thinking about applying for the permit here in Monroe county anyway, but I am concerned about getting a denial letter. I had to get my fingerprints done, release for mental health records, and the 2 references in NJ for my FID card, but I expected all that in Jersey and the references did not have to be in Morris county. I just do not know anyone here, and I work with 2 guys from PA and both live in other counties! I am looking forward to a more 2A friendly county.

(Monroe County)

It will be my first time applying, I will reach out if I move to Pike, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kjwill888 View Post
    I can see that Monroe County is similar to Jersey for getting a permit, does anyone on here know if Pike or Southhampton would be better as I would be willing to leave Monroe to get my permit

Yeah OK.
    Let me know who actually posses a NJ permit that isn't a well connected politician or wealthy individual.

Monroe is far from ideal, but is completely obtainable.

That said Martin is a douche.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Monroe County)

I had a NJ Firearms Purchaser ID card, needed to purchase firearms and ammunition and to transport to the range. I could not carry with it. I am not complaining or looking for assistance other than advise, as I just moved here and do not know anyone here, I will get this done but it will take me some time. I do not want to ask someone I do not know to be a ref, not comfortable with that, I would move out of county before that. I am a former law enforcement officer and I currently have carry permits in two 2A friendly states, just stuck on the in county ref requirement.

(Beaver County)

Maybe give the PSP a call? They print the forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjwill888 View Post
    I had a NJ Firearms Purchaser ID card, needed to purchase firearms and ammunition and to transport to the range. I could not carry with it. I am not complaining or looking for assistance other than advise, as I just moved here and do not know anyone here, I will get this done but it will take me some time. I do not want to ask someone I do not know to be a ref, not comfortable with that, I would move out of county before that. I am a former law enforcement officer and I currently have carry permits in two 2A friendly states, just stuck on the in county ref requirement.
    Why not just carry on HR 218. You don't need a PA permit if you HR 218 authorized.
    I'm a Rep Virgin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast