Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

(Monroe County)

Default Re: This is pretty awesome

I've seen link only posts before and they still suck ass.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Countdown until someone mixes up their laser round and a live round...
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Allegheny County)

I call that airsoft, available in all manner of form-factors - handguns, rifles, shotties, grenades, SMGs, BARs, mini-guns, et al. Makes real holes too.

Just don't shoot at the TV when Kuntie McGinty or Hildebeast commercials come on.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Lancaster County)

How's it different than other laser trainers? Probably just cheapo. Lasermax or lasersyte has something I'm sure.

(Dauphin County)

Wow, they are behind the times. I have the full fledged system in my living room- a projector for the target, web cam for target tracking, a Sirt pistol (can't get confused with a real Glock), and software to tie them all together. It works well, and new software systems are coming out every so often that is even more capable.

The Sirt pistol is worth the price if you shoot Glocks- as it has the same weight, detachable magazines, and a pretty close trigger pull and release. The only thing I'm missing is the recoil and muzzle flash.

I believe this is just the beginning for this technology. Ten years ago this system would have cost over $5000. I put mine together for about $900 total- software, computer, projector, and Sirt. I'm sure I could set it up for less money by using a Laserlyte pistol (or even a laser cartridge if semi-auto wouldn't be a priority) and less expensive projector.

There is open source software available for this setup, but I wasn't able to make it completely work, and caught several viruses downloading the peripheral software needed to run it. It was frustrating enough to make me buy the LASR (Laser Activated Shot Reporter) program and forget about the open source stuff.

There are several groups making laser barrels for Glocks, so that a cartridge insert is not needed. There are also companies making laser conversion kits for airsoft guns, where CO2 operates the slide and gives a modicum of recoil.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    I've seen link only posts before and they still suck ass.
    No kidding. WHy would I click on a link with no incentive to do so? Delete thread.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by gun-bunny View Post
    Wow, they are behind the times. I have the full fledged system in my living room- a projector for the target, web cam for target tracking, a Sirt pistol (can't get confused with a real Glock), and software to tie them all together. It works well, and new software systems are coming out every so often that is even more capable.

The Sirt pistol is worth the price if you shoot Glocks- as it has the same weight, detachable magazines, and a pretty close trigger pull and release. The only thing I'm missing is the recoil and muzzle flash.

I believe this is just the beginning for this technology. Ten years ago this system would have cost over $5000. I put mine together for about $900 total- software, computer, projector, and Sirt. I'm sure I could set it up for less money by using a Laserlyte pistol (or even a laser cartridge if semi-auto wouldn't be a priority) and less expensive projector.

There is open source software available for this setup, but I wasn't able to make it completely work, and caught several viruses downloading the peripheral software needed to run it. It was frustrating enough to make me buy the LASR (Laser Activated Shot Reporter) program and forget about the open source stuff.

There are several groups making laser barrels for Glocks, so that a cartridge insert is not needed. There are also companies making laser conversion kits for airsoft guns, where CO2 operates the slide and gives a modicum of recoil.
    But this doesn't cost $900. Apples to oranges.

(Lancaster County)

Link only threads suck. If you're going to post a thread, do not just include a link, give some sort of description as to what people are going to be looking at. Including a descriptive title is also nice just in case someone happens to run across the same thing and decides to search before posting. Include relevant details about what's at the link so that the search engine actually has data to look into.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.