Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Update on the double stack 9mm

Thanks to everyone who participated in my previous post where I asked about a double stack 9mm. I went with the Beretta 92FS. This one was found NIB, and it came with 3 magazines. Here, it has the Mecgar 20 round magazine.

It's a well balanced handgun. I grew up in the 80's and 90's, and all the good guys had the Beretta in the movies. I know many folks don't like the M9 / 92; but I really like it.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Update on the double stack 9mm

"A lot of old timers carry wheel guns, bet the kid has an automatic, yep there it is a Beretta" Leo Getz. But on a serious note nice choice. I've shot them, once I had the trigger control down tightened up the groups. I still would of went the 229 route like your previous thread, but the 92FS is a good choice. They're still in service, and for as torn up as they are they still operate, I've shot them too. Good luck with it. And yeah I know 2nd post and I'm making jokes, but you said good guys in movies.

(Lackawanna County)

Congrats on getting a reliable and great looking pistol.
    I love mine.

(Lancaster County)

Nice

And I just posted my two cents in the other thread , this was #2 on my list (and I do have one) and suggested the CZ first.

(Bucks County)

honestly, if berettas had a trigger like the 1911, I'd probably own nothing but.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Lancaster County)

Congratulations on your new Beretta. In my opinion you made the right choice. Is it stamped made in USA or made in Italy? Did the 20 round magazine come with the gun or did you already pick that up separately? I assume the other magazines are 15 rounders? All you have to do now is get out and shoot it. They're very accurate once you get the feel of it. Of course we will need to a range report when you do get out.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    Congratulations on your new Beretta. In my opinion you made the right choice. Is it stamped made in USA or made in Italy? Did the 20 round magazine come with the gun or did you already pick that up separately? I assume the other magazines are 15 rounders? All you have to do now is get out and shoot it. They're very accurate once you get the feel of it. Of course we will need to a range report when you do get out.
    Thanks. It's made in USA. I wanted an Italy made one, but I've read so many opinions that indicated they are basically the same quality, I figured I'd buy the USA and support US jobs. I have a 20 round mag from a previously owned Beretta 92 compact that I used to have. The 3 mags that came with the gun are 15 rounds. I like how the 20 round mags are not obscenely long; they are just fine for carry.

I'm going to try and get to the range this week to see if it shoots POA. The barrel to slide fit at the muzzle is slightly off center, but I'd wager it's probably just cosmetic. It's a very nice gun.

(Armstrong County)

That's the weirdest looking g17 that I have ever seen

(Philadelphia County)

They are such a great looking gun!

Maybe I need to try one out again. My one experience with the 92 I shot it like shit and it felt like a brick in my hand.

(Montgomery County)

Congrats on the pistol!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast