Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Syrian Refugees in the Lehigh Valley - Presentation, Kathy Barnette

The Valley has been a destination for Syrians for many years now. There are numerous who have become naturalized citizens and work for Allentown City and Lehigh County governments. This includes police officers and deputy sheriffs.

The Syrian community is second only to those from the Dominican Republic in number of resident immigrants. You don't find many Dominicans in enforcement positions though, because they can't pass the background checks.

Or so I'm told. Perhaps I was lied to and my information is incorrect.

Default Re: Syrian Refugees in the Lehigh Valley - Presentation, Kathy Barnette

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzywuzzy View Post
    The Valley has been a destination for Syrians for many years now. There are numerous who have become naturalized citizens and work for Allentown City and Lehigh County governments. This includes police officers and deputy sheriffs.

The Syrian community is second only to those from the Dominican Republic in number of resident immigrants. You don't find many Dominicans in enforcement positions though, because they can't pass the background checks.

Or so I'm told. Perhaps I was lied to and my information is incorrect.
    This is not an anti-Syrian initiative. It is an anti-ISIS initiative, to stop the flow of refugees until we can prove that jihadists are not contaminating the stream.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12