Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Vote 2A for the Primary

I just got this email.

Toomey Announcement Press Release

Pennsylvanians For Self-Protection (PA4SP) a non-partisan, non-profit gun rights
    advocate based in the Southeast yesterday recommended it's members to write-in "2A"
    for 2nd Amendment when voting in the Republican U.S. Senate Primary. The write-in
    vote is a protest for Senator Pat Toomey's strong support for gun control legislation. As
    Toomey is running unopposed in the Primary Election, the write-in vote is symbolic and
    a message to Toomey. PA4SP cites Toomey's campaign ad where he is endorsed by a
    board member of the anti-gun group CeasefirePA as the final straw. In the past,
    CeasefirePA has called for laws that would restrict the rights to own and purchase
    firearms placing them at the mercy of criminal predators.

"Pat Toomey has consistently sided with the gun grabbers. He wants to do something
    about mass shootings in this country, we all do, but making it harder for law abiding
    people to protect themselves with legal firearms isn't the way. We need to send him a
    message to remind him that the 2nd Amendment is a right." said Dave Sager, President
    of PA4SP.

Toomey is the co-sponsor of the infamous Toomey-Manchin Gun Bill introduced after
    the Newtown Shooting in 2012. Critics slammed the bill as bad legislation, doing nothing
    to stop mass shootings and creating more problems than solving.

"Pat Toomey can't point to a single mass shooting that would have been stopped by
    Toomey-Manchin. It's bad legislation and we don't need more laws for the sake of laws.
    We need to enforce current federal gun laws that provide strict penalties for guns used
    in crime." offered Carlo Grilletto PA4SP's Vice President.

Pat Toomey has betrayed legal gun owners. It is important for legal gun owners to let
    him know it.

####

Media Contact: David Sager 215-262-0122 - david.sager@pa4sp.org

Default Re: Vote 2A for the Primary

That's a cool idea for the primary. I wouldn't play games in the general though, we can't afford another Dem Senator in PA.

Mods, Sticky this!
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

The announcement states clearly, 'primary'.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Bucks County)

Got the same email. To be honest when I first heard that it was being considered I was against it since I'm not a big fan of symbolism but when it was better explained I realized its brilliance.

It's really a no risk action since he will get the nomination anyways. But how awesome of a message would it be to him to see thousands upon thousands of votes for the 2A.

Symbolism yes but in this case it could be one that actually mattered.

Another vote for a sticky, a large banner message and daily bump! Let's see if PAFOA actually has reach and influence.

(Northampton County)

FOAC says "no suitable candidate" for Republican. Their Democrat pick is Joseph Vodvarka. I've voted for dems but it concerns me. They seem to flip whenever their party actually needs their vote to pass gun control. I have a feeling that if those 2013 bills could have passed the House we would have seen those Dem US Senators that voted against Toomey-Manchin actually vote for it to get it passed. At least some of them.

Toomey has been fairly strong on the 2A except for this background check nonsense. I think he just can't get it through his thick skull. He obviously never listens, and then tells us we are too stupid to understand the good he is trying to do (like Obama does).
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Cumberland County)

I would love to see him loose to some unknown stealth candidate named 2A.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(Bucks County)

I like the idea of sending the message. I'm concerned though that there may be no mechanism by which write-in 2As would be tallied and reported, and the message might be reduced to talk, "some people wrote in 2A for Republican senator", emboldening Toomey and ilk that the number of people opposed is relatively small. I'll do it, but boy I hope the numbers are huge.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    FOAC says "no suitable candidate" for Republican. Their Democrat pick is Joseph Vodvarka.
    Typical by the cult of FOAC. The trouble with voting for a Dem is that they will tow the party line on so many more issues. None which will be good for us. Worse if Hillary wins and she get the senate too.

(Schuylkill County)

Should we pick someone to write in? I doubt the message would be received without a show of unity.

(Northampton County)

Topsy
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast