Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Ltcf revoked what do i do

I can't count the number of videos where the cops were yelling and screaming just as much as the unruly or drunk and not exactly being the voice of reason. In fairness adrenaline is pumping, situation is chaotic, whatever.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    I can't count the number of videos where the cops were yelling and screaming just as much as the unruly or drunk and not exactly being the voice of reason. In fairness adrenaline is pumping, situation is chaotic, whatever.
    True. But you don't usually see the video where the cops handle the situation calmly and professionally because it is not newsworthy.

I think everyone attacking OP without the entire story is uncalled for. I personally would like to know the entire story and outcome. As for all those casting stones how many of you drink alcohol. I for one do not drink alcohol, but 15-25 years ago I did and I got in more than one bar fight. I was never carrying a firearm. I'm sure a situation could occur where another person drunk at the bar picks a fight after closing in the parking lot with a friend of yours and they end up fighting and the cops are called. When the cops get there tempers are hot and the police decide to arrest everyone and let the courts sort it out. You didn't fight, however you were drinking, and you had your legally licensed firearm in your car, but your girlfriend is the designated driver. Not saying OP is so innocent but the immediate attacks are wrong.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    True. But you don't usually see the video where the cops handle the situation calmly and professionally because it is not newsworthy.
    I know. I'm just pointing out that cops are people too. Sometimes they don't feel like dealing with this asshole or that one. They don't want or need "help" with the situation. If someone insist on being involved the officer involves them in cuffs.

Honestly Carson, not everything said is a swipe at the police. Everyday I do something that I could have handled in a better way.

(Lackawanna County)

Hope everything works out and you get your ltcf.
    Sue them.

Quote Originally Posted by capt14k View Post
    I think everyone attacking OP without the entire story is uncalled for.
    Ditto. Its the new norm around here.

(York County)

If nothing else it sounds like you got your gun back in four days, that's light years faster than some other stories we've heard on the forum! Aston can't be all that bad...

I wonder who got their ass chewed for allowing a prisoner with a weapon past the front door of the station?!?!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Chester County)

Stay away from cops dealing with unruly drunks. When the cops showed up to deal with your friends, I would have walked away, and gotten my own Uber. Don't get in between cops, and perps.

(Cumberland County)

It definitely sounds like a wrong place/wrong time scenario.

From here out, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!!!!! Don't post anything more about it on this board until the dust settles. Remember, anything you say can and will be used AGAINST you in court. Anything you say that shows your innocence is considered hearsay and will be thrown out as such. The court assumes innocence and the the prosecutor must prove guilt (at least that's how it was set up to operate). Again, keep your mouth shut. Even if something is the truth and seems innocent enough to mention, count on it being twisted and used against you. Only talk to your lawyer. He will run what you say through his legal filter and remove anything that can be twisted against you. You're not paying for the man, you're paying for his knowledge and his ability to help you navigate through the bull shit.

I don't think your friends are not going to be of much help to you in this matter. You got tangled up in this mess because of them. My advise to you: Don't include your friends in your defense. The last thing you need is for one of your friends to throw out something like "the dude was doin' lines of coke all night" while on the witness stand. If they're going down, expect that they will take as many with them as they can. Don't give them the ability to take you with them.

I'm going to echo what others have said - it may be time to find a new crowd to hang with. It sounds like you are the more mature one in the group. If you don't want to loose that crowd altogether, at least steer clear of them (in these situations) until they grow up. A Sunday afternoon backyard BBQ - sure. Friday night getting shit faced at the club - thanks, but.....

On a different note:
    I'm not trying to be a dick here (knowing that my first comment in this thread was slightly dick). It appears that you don't use punctuation in your sentences. That's fine, but your posts are very difficult to read. If you could start using punctuation or at least begin each sentence on a new line, that would help immensely. Most people who see posts like yours don't even bother trying to make sense of them. This is one of those situations where HOW you ask the question could make a big difference in the responses you receive.

Good luck.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    I know. I'm just pointing out that cops are people too. Sometimes they don't feel like dealing with this asshole or that one. They don't want or need "help" with the situation. If someone insist on being involved the officer involves them in cuffs.

Honestly Carson, not everything said is a swipe at the police. Everyday I do something that I could have handled in a better way.
    I realize it may seem I often take it that way. That is not my intention though. I simply try to explain things from a different perspective and experience. And speaking of handling something in a better way, below is a huge fail on the cops part.

Quote Originally Posted by DPZR View Post
    ....they never told me i was being arrested or read me my rights or searched me so i never told them i had a gun on me because PA is not a duty to inform state and when we get back to the station they saw something on me and asked what it was after they had me in the station for about 20 mins to 40 so i told them its my gun and im licensed to carry and thats when they took my gun...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast