Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 75
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wellsboro, Pennsylvania
    (Tioga County)
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,575
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Meet,greet and shoot!

    I should be free that day.
    MikeP

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania
    (Clinton County)
    Age
    56
    Posts
    502
    Rep Power
    6915690

    Default Re: Meet,greet and shoot!

    Will need to wait until closer to the time to see what the plans are. But interested in coming if I'm free that day.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SW, Pennsylvania
    (Westmoreland County)
    Posts
    2,534
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: Meet,greet and shoot!

    I really would like to make this one. Will know more as the time approaches with regards to work.

    You guys do bacon?
    2019 PMSC/PAFOA Group shoot dates here http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=341253

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wellsboro, Pennsylvania
    (Tioga County)
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,575
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Meet,greet and shoot!

    I plan to attend. My Saturdays are free time.
    MikeP

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    N.E., Pennsylvania
    (Susquehanna County)
    Posts
    1,037
    Rep Power
    21474844

    Default Re: Meet,greet and shoot!

    I could use a day back in my old stomping grounds.. will have to ride RT6 over from Northern Susquehanna County to stay out of enemy territory.. put it on my calendar
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Elkland, Pennsylvania
    (Tioga County)
    Age
    75
    Posts
    2,548
    Rep Power
    3531470

    Default Re: Meet,greet and shoot!

    Quote Originally Posted by Parrisk View Post
    I could use a day back in my old stomping grounds.. will have to ride RT6 over from Northern Susquehanna County to stay out of enemy territory.. put it on my calendar
    You know you can transport through enemy territory you just need to unload it and lock it up. Lock the ammo in a separate container. Then again rt 6 is a pleasant drive if you don't mind slowing down for every hitching post along the way.

    Add: I suppose you know the way.
    USNRET '61-'81

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    N.E., Pennsylvania
    (Susquehanna County)
    Posts
    1,037
    Rep Power
    21474844

    Default Re: Meet,greet and shoot!

    Quote Originally Posted by rwilson452 View Post
    You know you can transport through enemy territory you just need to unload it and lock it up. Lock the ammo in a separate container. Then again rt 6 is a pleasant drive if you don't mind slowing down for every hitching post along the way..
    I am not sure about over Corning way.. but from Binghamton East NY Police do not honor the Firearms Transportation Act. Most WILL arrest you and confiscate your firearms. Then once in court, if you don't have illegal, deadly 11+ round magazines or black guns with detachable mags, and you followed federal law, the Judge will dismiss the case. You can try to get your firearms back, I say try.
    Only exception I know they make is if you meet Federal transportation law and NY law and have an "approved registration" at a shooting event they will let you continue

    Add: I suppose you know the way.
    I lived between Wellsboro and Mansfield for several years while working for the US Army Corps of Engineers.. then moved way East and commuted for a year.. no I work and live way over here.
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Elkland, Pennsylvania
    (Tioga County)
    Age
    75
    Posts
    2,548
    Rep Power
    3531470

    Default Re: Meet,greet and shoot!

    Quote Originally Posted by Parrisk View Post
    I am not sure about over Corning way.. but from Binghamton East NY Police do not honor the Firearms Transportation Act. Most WILL arrest you and confiscate your firearms. Then once in court, if you don't have illegal, deadly 11+ round magazines or black guns with detachable mags, and you followed federal law, the Judge will dismiss the case. You can try to get your firearms back, I say try.
    Only exception I know they make is if you meet Federal transportation law and NY law and have an "approved registration" at a shooting event they will let you continue



    I lived between Wellsboro and Mansfield for several years while working for the US Army Corps of Engineers.. then moved way East and commuted for a year.. no I work and live way over here.
    I thought that habit ha been corrected. I guess I heard wrong. Ass holes.

    I guess your right take route 6.
    USNRET '61-'81

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SW, Pennsylvania
    (Westmoreland County)
    Posts
    2,534
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: Meet,greet and shoot!

    What sort of range facilities do you have so we can decide what to bring? Pistol? Rifle and how far can you shoot? Do we need target stands and backers?
    2019 PMSC/PAFOA Group shoot dates here http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=341253

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Elkland, Pennsylvania
    (Tioga County)
    Posts
    303
    Rep Power
    634715

    Default Re: Meet,greet and shoot!

    For rifle we can reach out to 300 yards, for pistol we can either go over to the pistol range or we have portable targets at the rifle range that we sometimes use for pistol. I personal have a portable clay pigeon thrower that we can use for shotgun. Target frames and backers are provided.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Poconos meet/greet/SHOOT May 4th 2013
    By Snert in forum General
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: May 6th, 2013, 06:02 PM
  2. Meet and greet
    By Snert in forum Wayne
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 7th, 2012, 07:58 AM
  3. When is the next BBQ meet & greet?
    By mythaeus in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: November 2nd, 2009, 11:21 PM
  4. ZRT Sector 7 Meet & Greet & Shoot
    By doc454 in forum General
    Replies: 686
    Last Post: August 13th, 2009, 10:56 PM
  5. Erie PA-Shoot,meet and greet 03/14/09
    By CKPjr in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: February 11th, 2009, 06:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops