Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Question Apex Tactical M&P Shield Carry Kit

I just ordered this kit for my M&P Shield 9mm without manual safety. From what I have read regarding this kit, I think I am going to keep the S&W factory trigger return spring because the Apex Tactical spring is heavier. I like light trigger pulls on all my handguns. I will be using the Apex Tactical sear, sear spring, striker block, and striker block spring. I'll probably have a gunsmith install the striker block and striker block spring since I'm going to be ordering some Truglo TFX sights for it soon and will have a gunsmith install those sights anyways.

Any opinions on this kit or leaving the factory trigger return spring in it?
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Apex Tactical M&P Shield Carry Kit

The reason the Apex trigger return spring is heavier is because the kit lightens up the trigger along with smoothing it out. The heavier spring just returns it to factory weight without the grittiness. As long as you are OK with a gun with a lighter trigger pull then you should be fine.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by glocknurse View Post
    The reason the Apex trigger return spring is heavier is because the kit lightens up the trigger along with smoothing it out. The heavier spring just returns it to factory weight without the grittiness. As long as you are OK with a gun with a lighter trigger pull then you should be fine.
    Thank you! I prefer lighter triggers so I think I'm going to replace everything except for the factory trigger return spring. If the trigger pull is too light, then I'll put the apex trigger return spring in it. I did some searches on the smith and wesson forum. Apparently the apex sear is the best part out of the whole package, followed by the safety block. I'll keep everyone posted.

(Bucks County)

I did the upgrade and left the factory trigger spring in mine and measured it, then installed the apex trigger spring. Apex is a bit heavier. Not a lot but its noticeable. I put the factory spring back in. awesome awesome upgrade on a great gun.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by fuzz View Post
    I did the upgrade and left the factory trigger spring in mine and measured it, then installed the apex trigger spring. Apex is a bit heavier. Not a lot but its noticeable. I put the factory spring back in. awesome awesome upgrade on a great gun.
    Yup! That's what I did and the trigger is perfect. You still have to intentionally pull the trigger to shoot it. It's not 1911 or single action light.