Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default 6.8 SPC II build.

Hey guys,

Just finished my 6.8 build and I am very happy how it turned out! I gathered mostly used parts, and built it "one piece at a time" (kinda like the Johnny Cash song!), from the Bison Arms 1 in 7 subsonic barrel, to the S&W lower. I have built many AR's over the years.... But am new to the 6.8, so am kinda curious to find out how it shoots!

I tossed a 10x Super Sniper, that I had hanging around on.....kinda on a whim..... And really dig it on this rifle, I'm hoping
    It lets me wring the most out of the 6.8's long legs!

Question: Since I had to mount the front ring on the Picatinny Rail on the Troy Alpha handgard, in order to get the proper eye relief, will this cause me zero issues? I usually try to get both bases on the upper..... But couldn't make it work this time! The Alpha Rail seems to lock up nice and tight, but curious how others have done using this method.... If it causes the scope to walk, I May have to go with a cantilever one piece scope mount.

Thanks!
    Fred

Last edited by 1096369fred; April 16th, 2016 at 09:54 AM.
    A Templar is truly a fearless knight, and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith, just as his body is protected by the armor of steel.
    Big whoop, I'm spooning a Barret .50 Cal...... I could like kill a building.....

(Wayne County)

Default Re: 6.8 SPC II build.

Hey fred,

I have a fixed Burris pepr 30mm I'm not using. You can have it if you want to mount it with a one piece. Let me know. It's painted right now, but I can strip it for you.
    I always sleep with my guns when you are gone

(Bucks County)

Default Re: 6.8 SPC II build.

Hey Guys,
    Just want to give a little credit, where credit is due.... Splittiebus66, really hooked me up with the mount I needed, and wouldn't let me give him anything for it.... He even shipped it on his dime..... Phil is a stand up fella.... And one of the good guys!!!! I hope I can.... Pay it forward, and follow his example..... He is what PAFOA is all About!!!

I duracoated, my scope and new mount..... Here is what she looks like.... I can't wait to sight it In! I really like the weight and ballance of this rifle.... If it shoots half as good as it looks..... I'll be a happy man!

Thanks Much Phil.... At the least, I owe ya a cold one!!!

Thanks!
    Fred

Last edited by 1096369fred; April 26th, 2016 at 08:30 PM.
    A Templar is truly a fearless knight, and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith, just as his body is protected by the armor of steel.
    Big whoop, I'm spooning a Barret .50 Cal...... I could like kill a building.....