Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Going to NJ, unfortunately... (Only 1 night thankfully)

So, who can give me a .75oz max recommendation on OC Spray?

I have spied the Kimber dohicky also. Not 100% sold on it yet.

Fox Labs, Vexor, Sabre Red?

What say you? I'm having a hard time finding the small sizes.
    Lots of genarics on Amazon.

Looking to have something else with me besides my wit's and light in 2 weeks when we go.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Going to NJ, unfortunately... (Only 1 night thankfully)

Quote Originally Posted by Armor Snail View Post
    So, who can give me a .75oz max recommendation on OC Spray?

I have spied the Kimber dohicky also. Not 100% sold on it yet.

Fox Labs, Vexor, Sabre Red?

What say you? I'm having a hard time finding the small sizes.
    Lots of genarics on Amazon.

Looking to have something else with me besides my wit's and light in 2 weeks when we go.
    What Kimber dohickey?

(Erie County)

Everybody thinks it is the end of the world when they venture outside of PA.

I spent 2 weeks working in Baltimore for FedEx around new years. Never felt threatened, and it's not because I'm a badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Can you possesses any form of self-defense weapon in NJ?

I know ya can get in a heap o' trouble for any electrical device like a stun gun.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post

I spent 2 weeks working in Baltimore for FedEx around new years. Never felt threatened, and it's not because I'm a badass.

I'm not terribly worried. We are seeing a show at the Borgata. (Low threat)
    Then heading back to hotel on Pacific Ave.

Then venturing to boardwalk, maybe a pub or two for good/drinks and back to hotel. All that is on foot.

I still want to take what I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor Snail View Post
    I'm not terribly worried. We are seeing a show at the Borgata. (Low threat)
    Then heading back to hotel on Pacific Ave.

Then venturing to boardwalk, maybe a pub or two for good/drinks and back to hotel. All that is on foot.

I still want to take what I can.
    As long as ya ain't going to stop in Camden or Medford for food , drinks or dope , you'll be OK.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

For NJ visits, I have Sabre Red OC spray canisters of their most concentrated (1.33 Capsasinoid) formula , delivered by the MK 6 canister. The MK 6 is .69 ounces, stream delivery, up to 15 feet. Each canister contains 7, one second bursts. https://www.sabrered.com/pepper-spra...oz-stream-mk-6

Also, NJ does not prohibit the carry of simple pocket knives. While the state law is very vague, I've spoken to LEO's over the years in NJ. What I've been told on numerous occasions: the totality of the circumstances determine legality of your folding knife. Generally, a normal looking guy with a 'normal' type knife (ie: Spyderco delica)will not be given a hard time. IANAL

Still, NJ really sucks.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
    For NJ visits, I have Sabre Red OC spray canisters of their most concentrated (1.33 Capsasinoid) formula , delivered by the MK 6 canister. The MK 6 is .69 ounces, stream delivery, up to 15 feet. Each canister contains 7, one second bursts. https://www.sabrered.com/pepper-spra...oz-stream-mk-6

Also, NJ does not prohibit the carry of simple pocket knives. While the state law is very vague, I've spoken to LEO's over the years in NJ. What I've been told on numerous occasions: the totality of the circumstances determine legality of your folding knife. Generally, a normal looking guy with a 'normal' type knife (ie: Spyderco delica)will not be given a hard time. IANAL

Still, NJ really sucks.
    Since you made the claim I will let you cite the law, since I don't want to look it up and it's your claim.

A cop can bust you for a knife. They usually don't, but they can. You need a "legitimate" reason for it. Which opens several cans of worms. First, telling the cop you will not answer questions without a lawyer will piss him off and if he finds the knife you are going to jail. Second, if you tell him you have the knife and the reason you have it, you are risking prosecution.

If you play ball like a normal idiot you will be OK most of the time but that also means you have waived all your rights and the cop can put you in jail if he wants to for some reason.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Since you made the claim I will let you cite the law, since I don't want to look it up and it's your claim.

A cop can bust you for a knife. They usually don't, but they can. You need a "legitimate" reason for it. Which opens several cans of worms. First, telling the cop you will not answer questions without a lawyer will piss him off and if he finds the knife you are going to jail. Second, if you tell him you have the knife and the reason you have it, you are risking prosecution.

If you play ball like a normal idiot you will be OK most of the time but that also means you have waived all your rights and the cop can put you in jail if he wants to for some reason.
    Here's the official state law: http://knife-expert.com/nj.txt

Here's a run down, in normal language, of NJ laws on knives: http://www.knifeup.com/new-jersey-knife-laws/

As to 'A cop can bust you for a knife': Cops 'can' bust you in PA too for all sorts of things. Whether any subsequent charges will actually hold up in a trial is another matter entirely. Frankly, what they did to Mark F. in philly is proof of what cops 'can' do. By this logic, nobody should Open carry, because you 'can' still get detained and have your firearm seized. This 'can' (and does) happen.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post

The problem is that in places like New York, New Jersey and Maryland, not only do you have to worry about the hoodlems, you have to worry about getting jammed up by the cops who are supposed to serve and protect you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast