Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Bucks County Sheriff no longer sending reminders

So I knew my LTCF was close to expiration, never received my renewal notice. Finally got to the new courthouse to renew. Mentioned to the woman that I never got the renewal and she stated they are no longer sending them out. With the surge in licenses that would all she would be doing all day, every day. I mentioned that it was law for renewals and she kind of gave me a dirty look like I didn't know what I was talking about. Then she put it back on me that it's my responsibility as well and maybe set a reminder next time. (That last part was said in a friendly tone, not a mean one, btw.)

Either way, got in at 8am, walked out 15 minutes later with renewed LTCF in hand.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Bucks County Sheriff no longer sending reminders

Greetings,

No longer? I've had a PA LTCF since 1985 (Bucks County resident the entire time) and not once did I receive any notice to renew it. I almost let it expire last year, got lucky and checked the data about a week prior. So, make sure to keep note of the renewal date and don't count on the Sheriffs' office to do anything. The staff at D'town were very efficient at the renewal process, 6 people ahead of me and IIRC, I was out just a bit over a half hour.

Regards, Jim

(Bucks County)

I got one in 2011. that was the last one.

this year has been nuts. and, dummy me, I did it in Levittown....took a stroke of luck to get in when it wasn't mobbed, ten days before I could pick it up.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Bucks County)

I have to renew mine in a couple of weeks. At least i can go to the quakertown location

(Bucks County)

Hi,
    How early can you renew your ltcf? I am 13 months out, and I'm worried about the election. Can I renew it early, or do I have to wait until a couple weeks before expiration?

Thanks
    Don't Bite Your Friends -- Yo Gabba Gabba

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by SeanR View Post
    Hi,
    How early can you renew your ltcf? I am 13 months out, and I'm worried about the election. Can I renew it early, or do I have to wait until a couple weeks before expiration?

Thanks
    I believe you can "renew" your LTCF at any time. The only catch is it is not a five year extension from the expiration of your current LTCF. Rather, a new 5 year clock starts at the time of renewal which is why many renewing close to the expiration of their old one.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SeanR View Post
    Hi,

Thanks
    Why would you be worried about the election and renewing your LTCF? This is issued by the state, not the feds.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jim-analog View Post
    Greetings,

No longer? I've had a PA LTCF since 1985 (Bucks County resident the entire time) and not once did I receive any notice to renew it. I almost let it expire last year, got lucky and checked the data about a week prior. So, make sure to keep note of the renewal date and don't count on the Sheriffs' office to do anything. The staff at D'town were very efficient at the renewal process, 6 people ahead of me and IIRC, I was out just a bit over a half hour.

Regards, Jim
    Same here, never received a notice ever. Not complaining, Bucks is probably the most efficient there is...quick and easy
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

Well fine then. If he's not sending renewal notes and apps., he needs to refund the $1.50 part of the $20 fee then to those who paid it already and only charge $18.50 from now on

Suuuuure he will

Or just comply with the law:

(h) Fee.--

(1) In addition to fees described in paragraphs (2)(ii) and (3), the fee for a license to carry a firearm is $19. This includes all of the following:

(i) A renewal notice processing fee of $1.50.

(ii) An administrative fee of $5 under section 14(2) of the act of July 6, 1984 (P.L.614, No.127), known as the Sheriff Fee Act.

(2) (Expired).

(3) An additional fee of $1 shall be paid by the applicant for a license to carry a firearm and shall be remitted by the sheriff to the Firearms License Validation System Account, which is hereby established as a special restricted receipt account within the General Fund of the State Treasury.