Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Josh Shapiro bid for PA Atty Gen and statement about denied carry permit applicants

I was at work listening to the communally played (Read: Office mate turns on her radio) public radio station where Josh Shapiro was being interviewed about his bid to run as the PA Attorney General in a couple of weeks. He stated that he would vigorously pursue and prosecute anyone that was rejected and failed in their application to get a PA conceal carry permit. Is there something new about the application process that makes you a potential criminal if you are denied in your attempt to get one? Did anyone else hear that interview today (https://whyy.org/cms/radiotimes/2016...-josh-shapiro/)?

If I heard it correctly, he also wishes to end reciprocity in PA. He calls it the "reciprocity loophole". He gave the example of some applicant that might be denied a permit in PA could apply for a permit in Florida and use that method with the reciprocity PA has with FL to circumvent the decision of denial in PA. Is that really an issue out there that needs plugging?

Does that only sound crazy to me?

Default Re: Josh Shapiro bid for PA Atty Gen and statement about denied carry permit applican

I was watching it this morning but turned it off
    before he made that statement. Thank god.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Josh Shapiro bid for PA Atty Gen and statement about denied carry permit applican

Josh Shapiro's position on guns can be read at his website at this URL: https://www.joshshapiro.org/agenda/g...-gun-violence/. It os not as bad as reported in the OP. Some (not all) points are actually reasonable.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Josh Shapiro's position on guns can be read at his website at this URL: https://www.joshshapiro.org/agenda/g...-gun-violence/. It os not as bad as reported in the OP. Some (not all) points are actually reasonable.
    Which ones are reasonable?
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

From one Devil Dog to another, you are scaring me brother.

----------------------------

“Josh Shapiro is a true progressive with a strong record of standing up for Pennsylvania families. As Attorney General he’ll fight to reform the criminal justice system to make it fairer for all and protect seniors and consumers. Josh Shapiro is a person with character and integrity and represents a new generation of progressive leadership. I’m proud to endorse Josh Shapiro for Attorney General.”
    – President Barack Obama

(Cumberland County)

The only one that I can agree with is
    Prosecute prohibited purchasers who fail background checks
    because it's what they should be doing anyway. The rest are nothing more than making the law abiding pay for the sins of the criminals. Fuck Josh Shapiro.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Big-O View Post
    I was at work listening to the communally played (Read: Office mate turns on her radio) public radio station where Josh Shapiro was being interviewed about his bid to run as the PA Attorney General in a couple of weeks. He stated that he would vigorously pursue and prosecute anyone that was rejected and failed in their application to get a PA conceal carry permit. Is there something new about the application process that makes you a potential criminal if you are denied in your attempt to get one? Did anyone else hear that interview today (https://whyy.org/cms/radiotimes/2016...-josh-shapiro/)?

If I heard it correctly, he also wishes to end reciprocity in PA. He calls it the "reciprocity loophole". He gave the example of some applicant that might be denied a permit in PA could apply for a permit in Florida and use that method with the reciprocity PA has with FL to circumvent the decision of denial in PA. Is that really an issue out there that needs plugging?

Does that only sound crazy to me?
    That particular "reciprocity loophole" was already closed by the courts in the McKowen ruling. One would think if you're running for ag you might actually read case law from time to time.

This guy sounds like a complete fucktard to me.

(Lycoming County)

After browsing that it's confirmed...

Complete fucktard.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Big-O View Post
    (snip)... He gave the example of some applicant that might be denied a permit in PA could apply for a permit in Florida and use that method with the reciprocity PA has with FL to circumvent the decision of denial in PA. Is that really an issue out there that needs plugging? ...(snip)
    As far as I know, only resident Florida permits are valid in PA anymore... (since June 2013 according to the letter Florida sent when I became a PA resident & changed my address with them)... so that would be a significant effort to "circumvent the decision of a denial in PA". Though if denials are going to be mailed with arrest warrants... well maybe Mr. Shapiro expects a lot of us to move to Florida!

This sounds like the same sort of mis-informed deliberate distortion of the truth that we are getting so much on the national political scene.

I heard Morganelli's interview last week, and he at least sounded reasonable (for a Democrat) except for planning to use the AG's consumer protection dept. for writing gun laws.

VOTE REPUBLICAN... Joe Peters for instance. Or... at least don't vote for Mr. Shapiro... even his fellow Dems think he is a tool.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    Which ones are reasonable?
    These:
    Prosecute prohibited purchasers who fail background checks.
    Increase awareness of laws against straw purchasing and simplify purchase forms.
    Advocate for a statewide lost or stolen gun reporting requirement.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast