Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default 9mm AR Compatability - CMMG/PSA

Has anyone ever seen, heard, or done a 9mm CMMG lower with a Palmetto upper?

Specifically these:
    Lower:https://www.cmmginc.com/shop/lower-group-mk9-pistol/

Upper: http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-9...cg-and-ch.html

I have the lower, and want to try the upper.

Thanks

(Berks County)

Default Re: 9mm AR Compatability - CMMG/PSA

Never seen it that I know of or done that combo myself, but yes that upper will work on that lower.

(Allegheny County)

Are you sure?

I thought I read that the PSA HYBRID upper and lower could only be used with a PSA HYBRID upper/lower.

I've been wrong a few times, but I'd check. It couldn't hurt to contact PSA directly and ask them. They would know.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lackawanna County)

If be very careful as there is no mil spec standard so you have to be very considerate of what parts work together. It's the same thing for the Ar308 platform. Most will advise that at the minimum upper and lower receivers come from the same manufacturer

(Northampton County)

Get the Glock mag setup. I have a Palmetto 9mm Ar pistol upper and lower that I will be test firing on Friday morning. I went Glock mag because I have lots of them. Plus if I want I can run an SG 50 round drum mag I can. I actually have the new ATI Tactical Glock mag AR pistol as well. Both are fitted with pistol braces ,both will get tested Friday for function and basic accuracy. Should be fun pistols that actually could serve a practical home defense role. Now they have rifle versions as well. Down the road I want to get one of the CZ scorpian 9mm rifles to toy with. The best feature of these 9mm carbines is that ammo is cheap and they are fun short range plinkers. I just wanted to avoid Colt mags because I don't have any and did not want to buy any. I also have to agree with Nathan B using upper and lower setup from the same manufacturer ones that are designed to be used together will avoid issues.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Northampton County)

Not sure if it will help you any, but I know it will work the other way around. I have a PSA lower with a CMMG 9mm upper on it and all works well. Good Luck with whatever road you choose.

Smit

(Berks County)

Tell me why an AR upper won't work on an AR lower? The only thing I see is that the bolt is "hybrid" so it can be used with glock mags or colt mags if you choose. It's a fancy way of saying it's cut to use glock mags. Maybe PSA's requires a different hammer that I'm not aware of? I highly doubt it. From what I read on PSA's website it should work pretty much on almost any 9mm AR lower. No 9mm is not like the 308 there isn't two or more standards for parts, it only uses standard 9mm AR parts for the upper. Even quarter circle 10 lowers and those similar type glock lowers still use standard AR uppers and standard 9mm parts for the uppers. Now you can have ramped and non ramped bolts and bolts cut for glock mags or not. But it's still the same bolt and upper receiver. I did a lot of research before building my 9mm SBR from the ground up and I don't have the same manufacture upper and lower and somehow mine works just fine. Spikes lower, Rock river stripped upper, ADCO barrel, CMMG bolt, Hahn mag block, MVB Arc stock. Runs on colt patterned mags just fine suppressed or unsuppressed. YMMV
    Last edited by awfroadan; April 14th, 2016 at 09:33 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    Get the Glock mag setup. I have a Palmetto 9mm Ar pistol upper and lower that I will be test firing on Friday morning. I went Glock mag because I have lots of them. Plus if I want I can run an SG 50 round drum mag I can. I actually have the new ATI Tactical Glock mag AR pistol as well. Both are fitted with pistol braces ,both will get tested Friday for function and basic accuracy. Should be fun pistols that actually could serve a practical home defense role. Now they have rifle versions as well. Down the road I want to get one of the CZ scorpian 9mm rifles to toy with. The best feature of these 9mm carbines is that ammo is cheap and they are fun short range plinkers. I just wanted to avoid Colt mags because I don't have any and did not want to buy any. I also have to agree with Nathan B using upper and lower setup from the same manufacturer ones that are designed to be used together will avoid issues.
    So PSA has finally put out a glock 9mm AR lower. Very cool.

Let us know how yours performs. With pictures or video preferably .

(Northampton County)

I shot both of the 9 mm AR pistols this morning ,both had trouble feeding and chambering the very first round. I always load mixed ammo when testing. Both Ar pistols functioned perfect after that no feeding or ejection issues of any kind. I used Magpul MBUS sights and my primary arms small red dot. With the red dot sight mounted I shot some very nice groups off my bag using the cheek rest method. Actually started ripping two ragged hole groups with the palmetto pistol with the 10.5 inch barrel. The ATI has a 6 inch or 5.5 barrel I will have to look that up ,but it managed a decent group as well. If I keep one of these it will have a red dot for sure. The smart play would be to SBR it and have the use of an actual stock , could seriously shoot some decent groups with either one and your ammo cost will be cheap. As a home defense pistol using the 32 round stick mag or a 50 round drum these guns could prove to be very handy. Recoil is not bad ,put 100 rounds through both so I know they shoot and function. Triggers on both are stock AR mil spec stuff nothing to write home about ,but they got the job done. Accuracy out of both surprised me. An upgrade of the trigger and a over sized charging handle is about all I might do to one of these other than going the SBR route. The Palmetto cost less than the ATI and both don't have the bolt hold open on the last round. Overall I liked them about the same . The ATI would have a mobility advantage in tight spaces. Both were fun to shoot. Now I like I need 16 carbine to toy with.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    I shot both of the 9 mm AR pistols this morning ,both had trouble feeding and chambering the very first round. I always load mixed ammo when testing. Both Ar pistols functioned perfect after that no feeding or ejection issues of any kind. I used Magpul MBUS sights and my primary arms small red dot. With the red dot sight mounted I shot some very nice groups off my bag using the cheek rest method. Actually started ripping two ragged hole groups with the palmetto pistol with the 10.5 inch barrel. The ATI has a 6 inch or 5.5 barrel I will have to look that up ,but it managed a decent group as well. If I keep one of these it will have a red dot for sure. The smart play would be to SBR it and have the use of an actual stock , could seriously shoot some decent groups with either one and your ammo cost will be cheap. As a home defense pistol using the 32 round stick mag or a 50 round drum these guns could prove to be very handy. Recoil is not bad ,put 100 rounds through both so I know they shoot and function. Triggers on both are stock AR mil spec stuff nothing to write home about ,but they got the job done. Accuracy out of both surprised me. An upgrade of the trigger and a over sized charging handle is about all I might do to one of these other than going the SBR route. The Palmetto cost less than the ATI and both don't have the bolt hold open on the last round. Overall I liked them about the same . The ATI would have a mobility advantage in tight spaces. Both were fun to shoot. Now I like I need 16 carbine to toy with.
    Is the Palmetto upper a standard AR15 charging handle? Standard AR15 trigger in the Palmetto Glock lower?

Thanks for the update.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast