Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Gunfight Erupts Around Car Full of Innocent People. Practicing Active Self Protection

People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Chester County)

Default Re: Gunfight Erupts Around Car Full of Innocent People. Practicing Active Self Protec

Idiot who bailed out of the car is an idiot. My ass would have been one with the floor boards.

(Mercer County)

Default Re: Gunfight Erupts Around Car Full of Innocent People. Practicing Active Self Protec

People forget that they're driving a 3,000 pound weapon.

It's the long, skinny pedal. Use it.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Bucks County)

I saw this last week somewhere. There is a LOT of good to be learned here. DRIVE ON! Why in the world would anyone stop and sit there?

I taught my daughter when she was learning to drive that you never stop so close to another vehicle that you can't see their rear tires touching the ground. That leaves maneuvering room to escape. Because I was working towards a Pilots License when she was learning to drive, she was used to hearing me talk about 'always look for an emergency landing strip'. For her, I told her that equates to always assess the other guy. Which one is distracted, sleepy, drunk/stoned/crazy? I taught her to run scenarios where she had to escape from a road rager. Showed her just how much her car could push out of her way by just applying a gentle push and increasing power to nudge a block out of her path. She was amazed that her Altima would push my five ton truck up our driveway.

Something that pisses my wife off is the fact that I refuse to allow any of my family to get into a car that her step-father is driving. The man cannot focus on the task, and when his wife starts bitching at him, he freezes up. He has sat through a green light just being belligerent to her. In a dangerous encounter ( like this video) he might freeze and trap the family in the kill box.

Thanks for posting it. We can all learn from it.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Idiot who bailed out of the car is an idiot. My ass would have been one with the floor boards.
    He went full Yeager.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    People forget that they're driving a 3,000 pound weapon.

It's the long, skinny pedal. Use it.
    +1

Sometimes it's not even about having a 3,000 lbs. weapon, it's about realizing that the degree of danger presented has changed the rules, and too damn bad if something (or someone, depending on the situation) gets hit or damaged as you get the hell out of dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Sheep View Post
    +1

Sometimes it's not even about having a 3,000 lbs. weapon, it's about realizing that the degree of danger presented has changed the rules, and too damn bad if something (or someone, depending on the situation) gets hit or damaged as you get the hell out of dodge.
    A.K.A LEAVE THE KILLZONE!
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    If the driver won't get you off the X you have to take action on your own

Yes, just floor it. If one of these punks gets in the way, that's his problem.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    He went full Yeager.
    vBulletin Message
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ungawa again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast