Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Glock 20 and Glock 40 in 10MM??

Does anyone have both of these guns or has anyone compared the grip/frame of both of these guns? I have held the Glock 20 many many times wishing the grip fit my hand better and not buying it because of the grip, it just simply doesn't fit my had well enough. I am wondering if the Glock 40 has the same frame and size of grip as the Glock 20. If it is the same, I guess I will be looking else where for my very fist 10MM acquisition. Maybe the grip doesn't fit my hand because the 10MM is a longer cartridge than the other semi-Autos and the grip just has to be bigger.

(Centre County)

Default Re: Glock 20 and Glock 40 in 10MM??

If your in love with 10mm Glocks, there are a million quality entities out there to modify your Glock grip to your liking.....

But to answer your question, the Glock 20 and Glock 40 have the same frame size. It's like comparing the Glock 17 and 22. Same frame size (but different caliber).

There is a Glock 20 SF, which "reduces the circumference of the receiver at the rear." That may be your ticket....
    Last edited by FLICK; April 10th, 2016 at 09:18 AM.
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by FLICK View Post
    If your in love with 10mm Glocks, there are a million quality entities out there to modify your Glock grip to your liking.....

But to answer your question, the Glock 20 and Glock 40 have the same frame size. It's like comparing the Glock 17 and 22. Same frame size (but different caliber).

There is a Glock 20 SF, which "reduces the circumference of the receiver at the rear." That may be your ticket....
    ^^^ this^^^

The 20 sf might work better for ya. I'm not a Glock fan, but I've handled the 21 and 21sf. I have medium sized hands and the sf was a much better fit for me. I also found the gen 4's fit better than the gen 2/3 in general. If you were checking out a gen 3, then try the gen 4 also.

I have a Gen 3 SF G21 that I converted to 10mm...that grip is much better than the standard G20/21 grip.

As others have stated the G20 and G40 in Gen 4 are the same grips.

I am thinking about doing a grip reduction on my G21...it's not terrible, but I'm not liking the finger grooves and the back of the grip. I was going to try stippling as well.

(York County)

I have both, my G20 is a gen 3 non SF and it is a little larger than my gen 4 G40. I have large hands and like the larger frames.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post

I am thinking about doing a grip reduction on my G21...it's not terrible, but I'm not liking the finger grooves and the back of the grip. I was going to try stippling as well.
    That type of thinking has sent many pistols to the ugly bin. It seems like it should be easy enough but we've all seen some horrible homemade jobs. This is my Glock 21 that was done by coldbore solutions in Texas. It was a generation three with finger grooves which he removed and reduce the overall grip. Take note as he had to fill gap in the backstrap so he could remove enough material from the hump. This procedure made my gen 3 fit my hand much better but I do admit the generation fours I've handled in the shops, including the Glock 40, feel pretty darn good out of the box.

Last edited by bripro; April 10th, 2016 at 05:51 PM.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    That type of thinking has sent many pistols to the ugly bin. It seems like it should be easy enough but we've all seen some horrible homemade jobs. This is my Glock 21 that was done by coldbore solutions in Texas. It was a generation three with finger grooves which he removed and reduce the overall grip. Take note as he had to fill gap in the backstrap so he could remove enough material from the hump. This procedure made my gen 3 fit my hand much better but I do admit the generation fours I've handled in the shops, including the Glock 40, feel pretty darn good out of the box.

That is a very good job. I know I'm on record here against this type of work, but this was done well. I hate the finger grooves on my Glocks.

I had the Glock 20 for many years and it was OK but when the model 40 came out I decided I would trade for one so I went to the LGS with every intention of doing so. However when I got to handle the 40 I found it to be very barrel heavy and unwieldy. The grip is identical. While at the store I found a SIG 220 Match Elite in 10mm and decided to get it instead. It turned out to be a good decision for me.

I had the same issue with a Glock 21 and a 22. Can't stand the way Glocks fit my hand and it is unfortunate because if it fit better, I would definitely pick up a G20.

The number one complaint about Glocks is that they 'don't fit shooter's hand' or some other similar hogwosh...then I see how they hold the pistol. Once fixed, the pistol magically fits. It's weird. Science or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast