Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Texas school district to allow teachers to carry

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5945430.html

"When the federal government started making schools gun-free zones, that's when all of these shootings started. Why would you put it out there that a group of people can't defend themselves? That's like saying 'sic 'em' to a dog," Thweatt said in Friday's online edition of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Texas school district to allow teachers to carry

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJ View Post
    "When the federal government started making schools gun-free zones, that's when all of these shootings started. Why would you put it out there that a group of people can't defend themselves? That's like saying 'sic 'em' to a dog," Thweatt said in Friday's online edition of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
    Brav-friggin-o!

I can only hope more of this type of thinking will spread. We should be giving our schools the means to defend themselves and our children, seeing as we put our kids in their hands approximately 180 days of the year.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

See I knew I liked Texas.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    Brav-friggin-o!

I can only hope more of this type of thinking will spread. We should be giving our schools the means to defend themselves and our children, seeing as we put our kids in their hands approximately 180 days of the year.
    Arguably, we do...

Just needs confirmed/denied by case law or amended to be more clear.

Quote Originally Posted by adymond View Post
    See I knew I liked Texas.
    Their gun laws are still more stringent than Pa.... But like Pa. they are working towards positive changes

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Monroe County)

As a teacher I don't think we should be armed in school. There is no time to second guess when the time comes to pull the trigger. I wouldn't want to be in a situation like that. I however am not opposed to armed security guards in schools.

Quote Originally Posted by reichebrown View Post
    As a teacher I don't think we should be armed in school. There is no time to second guess when the time comes to pull the trigger. I wouldn't want to be in a situation like that. I however am not opposed to armed security guards in schools.
    I don't think anyone wants to be in a situation, but people want to be prepared and rightfully be able to defend their lives. Why don't you think teachers should be allowed to carry? Do you know administrators and teachers have prevented shootings on campus? Granted, a vice principal had to run half a mile to his car to retrieve his gun since guns weren't allowed on campus, but he was still able to confront the armed student and disarm him without any loss of life or injury.

(Montgomery County)

The law with the school even goes so far as to require frangible (or the like) rounds to reduce chance of ricochet. I don't know of anyone who carries because it makes them feel comfortable, I do know many who do because they consider it a duty.
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom ... go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels nor arms. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams

(Montgomery County)

As a teacher I don't think we should be armed in school. There is no time to second guess when the time comes to pull the trigger.
    No time to second guess? What exactly does that mean? There are plenty of situations where you might need to shoot someone in the vicinity of others. Using this logic, why shouldn't we ban all guns from any and all places where people might be? Why would you assume that an armed security guard would have any more skill or use better judgment than a teacher would?
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

(Luzerne County)

I can't follow the logic that being disarmed is better than being armed, in any circumstance... But carry is not for everyone... That said, if my kids were in school, I would want adults packing to protect them...

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Mifflin County)

There is no time to second guess when the time comes to pull the trigger.
    That applies pretty much everywhere. If you have time to second guess, you most likely have another option. As the husband of a teacher, and having other family members working in schools, I wish the law and school district employee policies very clearly supported the rights of district employees and visitors to have the means to defend themselves and those around them.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast