Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Adams County)

Default I need this Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5

So I been looking to get another bolt riffle and was thinking .338 Lapua, and I ran across the Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor today and got to play with it a bunch, heavy but well made anyone have one or experience putting rounds down range in the 1K plus range?

For those unfamiliar
    http://www.ruger.com/products/precis...odels.html?r=y

Attachment 83308

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: I need this Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5

Just got my hands on one in .308, mounted a SWFA SS 10x42 scope on it and a bipod. It shoots great! It is a little heavy like you said but it is meant to be shot off of a bench or prone, that being said I plan to hunt with mine as well. This is the only bolt gun I own, I wanted something that could take down pretty much any game in NA plus since all of my other rifles are in the AR platform this help with familiarity, muscle memory and the big thing for me was the ability to use multiple mags and the availability of mags in different sizes. It comes with two 10 round mags, I was able to buy some additional mags, Magpuls in 5 round for hunting in PA and a 20 rounder for the range or out west. I would own a Ruger Gun Scout except for the mags. This thing is for sure worth looking into. I like it enough I plan on hauling it around to hunt with, especially if I go out west.

(Bucks County)

I am going nuts waiting on this rifle..... 6 months and no idea when it will come in.... Sigh..... I hate waiting!!!

The good news is that I got pretty much all my accessories put together..... Burris XTR in 5x25, American defense quick release 34mm scope mount, G,G,&G Heavy duty Bipod, blue force gear sling, and bolt shroud, handle, and trigger shoe from titaniumgunparts..... I even got a Silencerco muzzle break, for my omega suppressor.....

Just no rifle to mount them on.....

Did I mention I hate waiting?
    Fred
    Last edited by 1096369fred; April 8th, 2016 at 07:33 AM.
    A Templar is truly a fearless knight, and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith, just as his body is protected by the armor of steel.
    Big whoop, I'm spooning a Barret .50 Cal...... I could like kill a building.....

I probably would have bought one in 308, then bought a barrel spun off of a bartlein blank in whatever 6.5mm I wanted. Plenty of guys have been replacing the stock barrels because they've been less than stellar.

I almost fell into the 338 LM trap years ago, then reality set in when I realized that the furthest distance I can shoot in somewhat reasonable distances only has a 700m range. I went with a 260AI instead and have been much happier. Plus, 338LM Brass is $2.20 a piece and since I'm not one of those guys that shows off his guns when I have people over, it wouldn't do anything for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by 1096369fred View Post
    I am going nuts waiting on this rifle..... 6 months and no idea when it will come in.... Sigh..... I hate waiting!!!

The good news is that I got pretty much all my accessories put together..... Burris XTR in 5x25, American defense quick release 34mm scope mount, G,G,&G Heavy duty Bipod, blue force gear sling, and bolt shroud, handle, and trigger shoe from titaniumgunparts..... I even got a Silencerco muzzle break, for my omega suppressor.....

Just no rifle to mount them on.....

Did I mention I hate waiting?
    Fred
    I gotta ask...why did you got QD with the mount?

(Bucks County)

Yeah, I may pay for that..... Read some good reviews, and figured I'd give it a try. I also have a couple of night scopes....
    So the ability to pop off, pop on appeals....
    And while overkill..... It Would be fun to take out some 'yotes, piggies, and varmits..... (Oh, My!), with the RPR!

It kinda fits the modular theme of this rifle.... Well time will tell!

Here is the one I got!

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/262...flat-top-matte
    A Templar is truly a fearless knight, and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith, just as his body is protected by the armor of steel.
    Big whoop, I'm spooning a Barret .50 Cal...... I could like kill a building.....

Yeah, I may pay for that..... Read some good reviews, and figured I'd give it a try. I also have a couple of night scopes....
    So the ability to pop off, pop on appeals....
    And while overkill..... It Would be fun to take out some 'yotes, piggies, and varmits..... (Oh, My!), with the RPR!

It kinda fits the modular theme of this rifle.... Well time will tell!

Here is the one I got!

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/262...flat-top-matte
    https://tnvc.com/shop/category/night-vision-clipons/

This is where my money would go - a clip on style sight. This way you don't have to worry about zero shift. You just attach that, and go. Your rifle was built for it.

(Bucks County)

Those are e cats a$$!!! My team still uses Simrads..... They work well but are bulky as hell, and you have to shift your day
    Scope's zero......I would love to Go to a clip on.... But given the county's financial woes..... I don't see new ones in my future!

(Bucks County)

I did pick up one. Of the PVS-4 (2nd Gen.) from sportsmans guide.... Pretty impressive night scope for $1200 bucks....
    Also have a ATN X-sight..... Which is also pretty good for $450-$550.... It is a bit buggy, and you have to do lots of software
    Updates..... They have a New model out the X-sight II, but I'm not sure it is any better.....
    Last edited by 1096369fred; April 10th, 2016 at 02:31 PM.

I did pick up one. Of the PVS-4 (2nd Gen.) from sportsmans guide.... Pretty impressive night scope for $1200 bucks....
    Also have a ATN X-sight..... Which is also pretty good for $450-$550.... It is a bit buggy, and you have to do lots of software
    Updates..... They have a New model out the X-sight II, but I'm not sure it is any better.....
    What team are you on? North or South/Central?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast