Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Thumbs down AR500 Armor - Terrible Customer Service

Summary: I placed an order for a plate carrier package on November 1st, 2015. I still don't have my correct order after ~5 months.

When I ordered back in November, they were quoting a "up to 8 weeks" shipping time. They also charge your card upon ordering. After waiting ~10 weeks with my order paid in full, I emailed them asking to refund my shipping charge since they missed their window. I did not receive a response. Finally, after about 12 weeks I received my order. Whatever, I'm happy... let bygones be bygones.

About a week later I realize that only ONE of my plates is curved, whereas both should be. This is a $20 value ($40 for curved plates, so $20 each). I called them and spoke to a woman who really seemed to have no idea what she was doing. I said that my correct plate should be shipped ASAP and that I would only return the incorrect one once I had the new one in hand. I also asked AGAIN to be refunded for my severely delayed shipping charge. She agreed to everything and said it was put through.

2 months after that, I still have not received the correct plate and my shipping is still not refunded. The product seems decent, but their customer service is the worst I've ever experienced. They are certainly more worried about getting new orders rather than fulfilling their existing ones.

If you order with them, you will almost certainly have a massive delay, with your order already paid in full.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: AR500 Armor - Terrible Customer Service

And you know what... I'm disputing the charge right now. I told them if this wasn't taken care of that I would. I've been patient enough.

(Allegheny County)

That's a shame, I was thinking of placing an order soon. Is the flat plate uncomfortable. I was thinking of doing curve plate on the front and flat plate on the back. Have you found any other reasonably priced competitor.

(Allegheny County)

Um,
    I doubt I would ever let a company charge my card prior to having my order ready for shipping. Especially if it was going to be 8 weeks before being shipped. Secondly, I would permit them to send a call tag for the flat plate and once they receive it send the correct plate with a refund of the difference. I order tons of stuff online and only once paid for a item with a long delay before shipping (6 weeks), but it was a custom made shooting jacket and I knew that before ordering.
    Toujours prêt

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by SouthHillsNinja View Post
    That's a shame, I was thinking of placing an order soon. Is the flat plate uncomfortable. I was thinking of doing curve plate on the front and flat plate on the back. Have you found any other reasonably priced competitor.
    The flat plate isn't bad, but I think the curved would be better.

Haven't really checked out any other competitors. AR500 had many positive youtube reviews and seemed like they had the best prices on a carrier package.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Um,
    I doubt I would ever let a company charge my card prior to having my order ready for shipping. Especially if it was going to be 8 weeks before being shipped. Secondly, I would permit them to send a call tag for the flat plate and once they receive it send the correct plate with a refund of the difference. I order tons of stuff online and only once paid for a item with a long delay before shipping (6 weeks), but it was a custom made shooting jacket and I knew that before ordering.
    That's their policy and I knew before ordering. I didn't mind it at the time because like mentioned above, they have some good prices. But with all this other BS and long delays, it became an issue.

(Allegheny County)

I suspect they are making them as they get the order, hence the money upfront and the long wait. If so, then I can understand their policy.
    Toujours prêt

(Monroe County)

Back in August 2014 I ordered a complete carrier setup, two curved plate with the extra spall stuff and even though it was listed as "in stock" it took about three months before I received it. Apparently they lie a lot.