Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Remember to clean out your pockets before doing laundry

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    We used the incredibly hot water in the barracks latrine to rinse out and off the Garands. Passed anything the topkick could dream up.
    Taking your M16 into the shower has been an Army practice for many years.

I've de-cosmolined a few milsurps in the dishwasher at home over the years. I usually wait till the wife goes to bed to avoid the "you've got to be kidding me" looks. Nothing like a 30 minute scalding steam bath with a little detergent to remove decades of crusty preservative.

(Lancaster County)

Target pasting stickers occasionally turn up, also odd (calibers I don't own) brass, Allen wrenches, lanyards, folded up 5 rd slug boxes (on 3 gun days), and snack wrappers.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Northampton County)

I tried searching this but I couldn't find it. I'm pretty sure I posted it before.

A few years ago I opened up my washer and saw... a small gut pile. WTF? Why is there a teeny little gutpile in my washer? Then I saw a mouse dart out. Then another mouse. Apparently they found their way into my washer, couldn't get out, and immediately ate one of their own.

I was sort of afraid to try to BB gun the little bastards. So I made a big, huge pot of boiling water. Mammals that small heat up and die very quickly. Now I have mouse soup in my washing machine. Yuck. So I drain it and grab all the nasty nonsense out of there. Then I run bleach on low water level setting. To keep the vapor/liquid line low, because that's where the residue will be. Then on medium. Then on high. Really disgusting.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by qmcorps View Post
    I washed and dried the key fob, to the Explorer. That was a $185, lesson in emptying pockets.
    GMC truck key fobs are waterproof apparently.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Allegheny County)

Never a live round. But a few casings. Two Bluetooth headsets died as well as a usb stick.

Back in high school in the 90's I got my first taste of why you back up important information. I floppy that contained a term paper due in a couple of day got washed, but not dried. I was able to remove the magnetic disk inside, let it dry out, and put it into the case of a good disk. Running Norton Utilities on it got my term paper file back. There where a couple files that where unrecoverable, but had already been turned in. So I did not have to retype the entire paper from notes. After that I started copying the files from the floppy to the fixed disk, edited then, then copied them back when I was done.
    Last edited by QuackXP; April 1st, 2016 at 04:10 PM.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234