Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default Input needed - Tristar/Canik55 T100

Hey folks, anybody have any direct experience with owning or using a Canik T100 (imported by Tristar)? I started looking at a used one this weekend but nearly asphyxiated before I could spend much time with it. My LGS has located one and is holding it for me for a couple days until I can do some research on it before I order it. It seemed to be a pretty well made pistol and it seems to have good reviews online.

Anybody have any advice, criticisms, photos, etc. on them before I order this thing?

Also, does anybody know of an OWB leather holster made specifically for it (or at least close)? It seems that it may fit holsters made for Jericho 941/Baby Desert Eagles. I don't want to buy it if I can't carry it.

Let me know. I have until 3/31 to order or release it.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Input needed - Tristar/Canik55 T100

I build custom Caniks, The base pistol is very good for the price. Megar CZ mags work just fine and are cheap . You can fit Cz grips, aftermarket grips for Cz with minor effort. Cajun Gun Works makes trigger and sear upgrades for these pistols. You can turn it into a really outstanding pistol with some work. They are well built Cz clones. The only draw back on this model is the front sight. The front sight is not the smae a s a Cz on this model. Most of the other models you can easily fit Cz aftermarket sights on. You only have two options on the T100 and Canik Shark models drill out the front sight and make it fiber optic , do able but not easy or machine a 1911 Novak cut dove tail and then ibstall a .125 to .140 high night sight or fiber optic sight. .125 is usually the correct height for proper point of aim to impact zone. Fell free to call me or stop by the shop and ask any questions that you may have. I also have a custom mag setup for the compacts that ups you to 18 rounds with one in the chamber. My number is 610-252-5334. As I stated at the top of this post the base pistol is very good for the price, they can be upgraded if you should want to. The only problem with this one is upgrading sights, can be done just cost some dollars. If you want to shoot a custom one let me know I like going to the range. currently I am out of stock ones.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Northampton County)

I have a Shark FC(T120 ported)

Great gun.

(Northampton County)

Try finding a ported shark now they are like non existent. I also have one very nice pistol.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    I build custom Caniks, The base pistol is very good for the price. Megar CZ mags work just fine and are cheap . You can fit Cz grips, aftermarket grips for Cz with minor effort. Cajun Gun Works makes trigger and sear upgrades for these pistols. You can turn it into a really outstanding pistol with some work. They are well built Cz clones. The only draw back on this model is the front sight. The front sight is not the smae a s a Cz on this model. Most of the other models you can easily fit Cz aftermarket sights on. You only have two options on the T100 and Canik Shark models drill out the front sight and make it fiber optic , do able but not easy or machine a 1911 Novak cut dove tail and then ibstall a .125 to .140 high night sight or fiber optic sight. .125 is usually the correct height for proper point of aim to impact zone. Fell free to call me or stop by the shop and ask any questions that you may have. I also have a custom mag setup for the compacts that ups you to 18 rounds with one in the chamber. My number is 610-252-5334. As I stated at the top of this post the base pistol is very good for the price, they can be upgraded if you should want to. The only problem with this one is upgrading sights, can be done just cost some dollars. If you want to shoot a custom one let me know I like going to the range. currently I am out of stock ones.
    I was hoping you'd weigh in. I've seen your posts from other threads and knew that you were a fan.

Aside from not being night sights, what is wrong with the stock sights on the T100? Is it just that they are plain or is there something inherently wrong with them?

Also, do you have any recommendations for OWB leather holster?

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Armor Snail View Post
    I have a Shark FC(T120 ported)

Great gun.
    Thanks. Do you carry it or is it a range gun? If you carry, what holster do you use?

(Northampton County)

I have on occasion.

CZ75 PCR leather duty holster.
    Not concealed but carried it quite a bit.

Alien gear however lists the full size shark. The Compact though has a slightly different, smaller triggerguard profile.

I would think you would be fine with it. Iirc they have a good return policy. If it's just a little loose fitting though heating it up and remolding it a touch will get you right.

I would take it to a big box store with lots of selection and test fit some. Might just find a match. Especially more so with leather.

A desantis soft tuck might work well too. Almost universal. Maybe try one for a G19. My dad has that model and carries a SAR B6PC in it. Good fit. Very similar gun too.

Remora/Sticky also I'm sure have one. Check their site for which. Probably medium.

As for sights, eh, they work. Painting the front post hi viz and blacking out the rear with a sharpie helps though.

(Northampton County)

Remember I have older eyes so I am always upgrading to fiber optic, stock sights work fine ,they are just a bit of a pain in they ass to up grade. I carry my shark love the light weight alloy frame.

(Wayne County)

Thanks, guys. I may actually step up to a T120 in order to find the chrome cerakote. The only available T100 is in black.

Thanks for the info.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Thanks, guys. I may actually step up to a T120 in order to find the chrome cerakote. The only available T100 is in black.

Thanks for the info.
    If you find a chrome one let us know where. I'm interested in these as well and only see the black in stock anywhere.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast